• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CWBCC Chairmen's Trophy Season XIV

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing from Cloete and Chaulk.

Decent debut from Scott, though if he had got a move on we could have got 400 (just kidding, good effort from the Rabid Wolf)

Good stuff all round from the bowlers. Came back to answer the critics.

All told, a fantastic win :)

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Awesome batting performance, completely killed them. Bowlers could have took it easy after that, but we got them for a low score. Great stuff.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think someone forgot that Scott's not a bowler.
Bowled pretty gun for us during the first season of U19s, should play as an all rounder. :ph34r:

Debut in the final, is still a debut in the final regardless whether someone is a bowler or batsmen.

Worked in the end. Good to see us finally click. No surprises Camps choked in the final again. Oh well atleast we seem to have some players that underperform during the group matches and step up in the final.

Now onto the important matches Twenty20.....oh wait I mean Tests.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yessssssssssssss

What a display from Cloete, Chaulk & Scott, didn't give 'em a chance. Delighted to have finally grabbed some meaningful wickets too, Ponting, Watto & Clarke (H)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Debut in the final, is still a debut in the final regardless whether someone is a bowler or batsmen.
DWTA. Bowling was struggling. Not the batting. It's a bigger risk to add an inexperienced element to an already poor attack.

The coach should know that. It's pretty much a common sense idiot-proof fact, after all.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
DWTA. Bowling was struggling. Not the batting. It's a bigger risk to add an inexperienced element to an already poor attack.

The coach should know that. It's pretty much a common sense idiot-proof fact, after all.
It not as if the batting was on fire outside two guys.

Anyway Cunningham played ODIs before, so if he did play he wouldn't have made his debut. The selector who selected him when he was seen as the next Botham, after dominating US Cricket, should have know that in the first place.

If you where referring to someone else getting called can't think of anyone who was discussed that hadn't played ODIs. As Rose, Wright and Patrick are the next in line.

EDIT: Turns out Cunningham never got any games when he made a couple squads, when everyone thought he was superman.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

:laugh:

At what point did I label Cunningham the next Botham? And when was I the one, apparently, solely pushing for his inclusion? A bit of selective memory there, mefinks. For the record, Cunningham was selected for Tests after some strong performance for club and 'A' team. It certainly was not about US cricket.

Besides the fact that Cunningham was nowhere near contention for the ODI side, given his very mediocre career record and a very mediocre season. It's even more ridiculous to select someone purely for the sake of not debuting someone else. In fact it's pretty ridiculous that you'd bring Cunningham into this conversation at all.

Especially given that he was never in ODI contention, on account of averaging around 10 with the bat and 30+ with the ball all his career there. Study up, coach.

My insinuation was that we would not be recalling Patrick and Wright at the moment, and Rose made a mess of his opportunity. Therefore any other option would be a debutant. Thought it was fairly clear cut.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
He did make a few ODI squads after that said India A Series, must have been in ODI contention if he made squads. Though I think even Cameron made squads back then.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I don't think he did. Cameron only made one ODI squad, when we needed, IIRC, an extra seamer for the World Cup. He was a Theo Walcott pick. And in fairness, Cameron had had a good season before that.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
:laugh:

At what point did I label Cunningham the next Botham? And when was I the one, apparently, solely pushing for his inclusion? A bit of selective memory there, mefinks. For the record, Cunningham was selected for Tests after some strong performance for club and 'A' team. It certainly was not about US cricket.

Besides the fact that Cunningham was nowhere near contention for the ODI side, given his very mediocre career record and a very mediocre season. It's even more ridiculous to select someone purely for the sake of not debuting someone else. In fact it's pretty ridiculous that you'd bring Cunningham into this conversation at all.

Especially given that he was never in ODI contention, on account of averaging around 10 with the bat and 30+ with the ball all his career there. Study up, coach.

My insinuation was that we would not be recalling Patrick and Wright at the moment, and Rose made a mess of his opportunity. Therefore any other option would be a debutant. Thought it was fairly clear cut.
So true.

bryce

International Regular
Fair enough there. Apologies. Was never likely to play though, like Cameron really.
In the selectors mind anyway, I remember being abit dark about not getting the ODI debut. I started off with actually a half-decent OD record. Just done some research and I hit 27*(22) and had figures of 0/19(7) in the 50-over warm-up match vs Jamaica and was then released from the squad, to cap it off the CWXI then lost the series(vs WI !). Nothing more than a steady OD seamer these days with Neil Pickup like abilities with the blade

Last edited: