• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - South Africa v England (27th Sept)

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol at Collingwood walking off...'who'd have thought that 2 ****ing games ago'
:laugh:. Wow, a suprising England performance aside South Africa throw away another tournament that they were expected to win.
Exactly how much does the chokers tag effect them do you think?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
All over - England's 5th straight win against RSA fwiw.

Are NZ definitely through as well due to beating SL, or doesn't it work like that?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
:laugh:. Wow, a suprising England performance aside South Africa throw away another tournament that they were expected to win.
Exactly how much does the chokers tag effect them do you think?
Didn't take time for that word to pop up. It doesn't. They were outplayed which can happen in two ODIs in a row. South Africa did compete.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't take time for that word to pop up. It doesn't. They were outplayed which can happen in two ODIs in a row. South Africa did compete.
Agreed. They were simply well beaten 2 times out of 3. Pride before a fall maybe, but I wouldn't class this as a choke.

AaronK

State Regular
many congrats to England.. they played better..

so England and Pakistan are the only two teams qualified for semis?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed. They were simply well beaten 2 times out of 3. Pride before a fall maybe, but I wouldn't class this as a choke.
Think the lack of cricket before the tournament did a lot more damage than any choking. Looked very off the pace in the field.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't say they'd choked. I just asked how badly do you think it effects them?
This doesn't add to their chokers tag, just how do you think they feel when they enter a tournament, expected to win it by most people who all have a suspicion they'll not manage to win again.

Dissector

International Debutant
IMO it was a bit of a choke from SA today. Batting conditions were great, the bowling was average and yet no one delivered aside from Smith. Some fairly soft dismissals as well. They still had a reasonable chance of at least getting that 313 till the Morkel run out.

kingkallis

International Coach
England has beaten 2 very good teams now...hope they can carry on doing the good work in semis!

It will be interesting to see if another contender, India, goes out of the tourney as well? :D [ Hope not ]

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Think the lack of cricket before the tournament did a lot more damage than any choking. Looked very off the pace in the field.
I agree. The bowlers could have certainly bowled better based on how they bowled in the T20 World Cup.

kingkallis

International Coach
IMO it was a bit of a choke from SA today. Batting conditions were great, the bowling was average and yet no one delivered aside from Smith. Some fairly soft dismissals as well. They still had a reasonable chance of at least getting that 313 till the Morkel run out.
I wouldnt count that as a choke but they could not accelerate in the middle overs where Shah and Collingwood did that for the England.

They did score some boundaries but the amount of DOT balls helped the bowlers there as well...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd have given it to Jimmy. In a 300 plays 300 game I'm always tempted to give MOTM to the one and only bowler to excel. Anderson ended with 3/43, but even that doesn't really do him justice.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'd have given it to Jimmy. In a 300 plays 300 game I'm always tempted to give MOTM to the one and only bowler to excel. Anderson ended with 3/43, but even that doesn't really do him justice.
yeah the 44th & the 46th going for a total of 6 runs (including a leg bye and a poor noball call) when the game was still very much on, were crucial

add in the 41st and those three overs Anderson took 2-9 and two of those were in the power play

Last edited: