• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England fans celebration thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I’ve never known unheralded sporting success to come easily for any time I support, but **** me that was excruciating.

Absolutely insane.

World ****ing champions

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much resigned myself to losing this ..thought New Zealand would choke us to death after we went 4 down .

New Zealand had the best of the conditions but we had some crazy luck .

All us Brits of a certain age will probably agree . We grew up losing , we kept the faith when we were a fecking joke team . We started improving but always we were coming up short in ODI . England winning a World Cup has been one of my lifetime ambitions . This is a huge day for us .
You and me both mate when we went four down. Sods law meant I had prior commitments for the rest of the match which limited me to furtively checking my phone throughout the closing stages.

A wonderful day, especially being old enough to remember the defeats in 1979, 1987 and 1992.

Just to add that Kane Williamson being interviewed afterwards was as impressive as anyone I've seen in a very long time.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
After not being able to truly celebrate at first, I am now celebrating the **** out of this. Beaming.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
You and me both mate when we went four down. Sods law meant I had prior commitments for the rest of the match which limited me to furtively checking my phone throughout the closing stages.

A wonderful day, especially being old enough to remember the defeats in 1979, 1987 and 1992.

Just to add that Kane Williamson being interviewed afterwards was as impressive as anyone I've seen in a very long time.
Whole New Zealand team are one of the most likeable sports teams you'll ever see. Live up to their good guys cliche.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We used to watch the first 40 minutes of Dude, Where's My Car? every term if my memory serves me.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You teaching right? Last week of the year, is it not just watching films anymore?
We finished on Friday, and the top brass have opted to have a training day on Monday. For the most boring kind of day too - all policy stuff. I might be mysteriously ill.

I don't show films, don't have the spare lessons in sixth form college, but I'm happy to finish a year with Pictionary.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We finished on Friday, and the top brass have opted to have a training day on Monday. For the most boring kind of day too - all policy stuff. I might be mysteriously ill.

I don't show films, don't have the spare lessons in sixth form college, but I'm happy to finish a year with Pictionary.
Oh that is dire.