• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah League 2 is not friendly to you geographically

I mean I'm not sure any division ever is, but given the amount of localish games for me, it's a horror show for you

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The EFL season finally ends today with the Championship Play Off Final. One year ago today we played our first game of the season and won 3-0 at Crewe. Seems like a life time ago.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah League 2 is not friendly to you geographically

I mean I'm not sure any division ever is, but given the amount of localish games for me, it's a horror show for you
sounds like it's the right time to go back to 3rd division (North) and 3rd division (South)

reprieve for relegated 3rd division teams too

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think that would be fairly awful. Gap between Championship and League One is already growing, would make it so much worse.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think that would be fairly awful. Gap between Championship and League One is already growing, would make it so much worse.
I agree in principle, but in the post-COVID world an awful lot of clubs are staring into the financial abyss so could see regionalisation coming.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It won’t happen between Leagues 1 & 2. You could have a Championship second tier and then amalgamate League Two with the National League.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It certainly won't happen while the conference is national.

It does seem a bit daft when you have Dover travelling to Hartlepool. A good example too given Dover's travails. But personally I like a long haul away. But not all the time, as felt like it was the case in the dark days of being non-league. And I went to bloody Dover for a postponement.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It won’t happen between Leagues 1 & 2. You could have a Championship second tier and then amalgamate League Two with the National League.
Yeah don't see it really, only needed during the covid crises, and the reorganization just seems an extra bugger, and hopefully by the time it's sorted things will look less bleak.

Look there is no reason teams in the lower leagues shouldn't survive happily on crowds that they get (when crowds happen) they just need not be hideously run, which I'm afraid most are.

Yes I am full of trepidation for the near future, but actually hope teams can run themselves a tad less recklessly, if they survive, when this is all over, and don't see a major restructuring at this stage needed or even practical.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Whoever this colour commentator is (I think it's Paul Konchesky?) he's as bright as a sack of wet potatoes. Struggling to string 4 words together and when he does there's not a shred of insight.