• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the level where I play there are a lot of games where the faster, more aggressive team dominates the first half, but the more technical team dominates the second half when the game slows down because everyone has less energy. Usually everyone at the top level is fit enough that that doesn't happen, but it happened in that game. Maybe exhaustion becomes more of a factor towards the end of a long tournament, especially if it's hot.
Basically describes England at finals tournaments. They score a ridiculous percentage of their goals in the first half of games.
Just remembered these posts and they couldn’t possibly describe the final any better.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ajer ducks out of the way of Morelos' shot.

Edit: the second to last replay gives the clearest view of it.
Tbh I would have said the second to last replay is the only one that gives the misleading impression that he could ever have got anywhere near it. Could be wrong there, it’s hard to say. Either way it’s not the best blocking technique I’ve ever seen, but it’s not exactly a disgraceful blunder either.

I’m not sure what to make of the other goal. It looks to me like a bit of a mess of a defensive setup and a set move designed to exploit it. Surely he can’t have been marking Katic? If he was then obviously it’s terrible, but if not then no defender in the world is winning that duel. The timing of Katic’s run and the delivery are too perfect. It’s a really nice goal.

EDIT: looked again and Scott Brown is supposed to be blocking Katic but completely loses him. I thought Rangers might have impeded the blocker but they didn’t even need to.