• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah Willian, it was meant to be a separate post but I was messed about by the new forum.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You can have Tettey? :ph34r:
Aside from any other considerations, I don't think he'd do much to reduce the average age of our side. I know that's true for Da Silva and Willian too, but they would offer a bit more quality than we currently have; especially the former.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Throughout his career Willian has been awesome tbh. Really talented. Just not sure of the wisdom of Arsenal signing him at this point in time. Would have said yes in a heartbeat 2-3 years ago though.

Uppercut

Yeah Willian was excellent. One of those Firmino or Iniesta types that contribute plenty of quality in their own right, but also have the tactical intelligence and work rate to bring out the best in the team's genuine superstars.

But he's 32 and has been noticeably on the decline. I feel like the best case scenario is that he makes a solid contribution. The worst case scenario is that his age catches up with him suddenly, his form drops off a cliff, and the fact that he's on massive wages while not in the team causes all kinds of drama.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When I started this thread it had just been announced that the EFL fixtures would be released on August 10th. It's now not happening. The latest date given anywhere appears to be week commencing 17th with the 21st the best guess.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rumours abound that we plan on using Willy in central midfield.

Hmmmmmmmm is the first thing that came to mind.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Leeds United Twitter fans making #freebenwhite trend on a champions league night is why I love this team.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Celtic and Aberdeen matches set for Wednesday are apparently going to be barred by the Scottish government after Covid regulations were flouted. The new season is going well so far.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lindfield were supposed to be playing in the First Round qualifying for the CL. Postponed because two of their Kosovo opponents tested positive. This season is going to be fun.

flibbertyjibber

Should abandon the League Cup, seeing as fans won't be allowed in while the smaller clubs are in it they may as well call it off and ease fixture congestion.