• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haaa, dont be talking trash sir. That point about McGrath in 2003 is fact. You want to make a thread and ask all the Australian posters on CW, McGrath was inform or not during AUS tour to WI in 2003?.

Plus Lara never never went into a test series in AUS injured.
not talking trash mate... But I believe some good natured leg pulling is not out of the place????

I hope you dont think we should not be friendly with each other here just because we happen disagree on one cricketing debate. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This kind of thing annoys me about Harmison. I bet Graham Onions would absolutely love to go on tour with the England team for an extra summer in South Africa, spend the whole time playing cricket in the sunshine and represent his country at a sport he loves. I'd be wetting myself with excitement if I was given the opportunity.

But Harmison gets asked and grumbles, "I suppose I probably would go.. I'd have to ask my family about it first." Apart from him being crap at cricket, I can never understand why England's selectors even want a character like this in the team.
Yeah, he's an annoying bitch is Harmy.

Craig

World Traveller
Is being a FC and Test cricketer something Harmison really wants? I mean is there something he would rather be doing but plays cricket at the top level so he can earn good money to pay the bills and set his family up. To me it often seems like a job then a passion for Harmison.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Is being a FC and Test cricketer something Harmison really wants? I mean is there something he would rather be doing but plays cricket at the top level so he can earn good money to pay the bills and set his family up. To me it often seems like a job then a passion for Harmison.
Harmsion enjoys playing county cricket for Durham, so yeah he would want to be an FC cricketer, Don't know about being a test cricketer now though, think you might be right, maybe winning the ashes will inspire him or something like that, The sotuh africa pitches should suit his bowling style shouldn't they?

Craig

World Traveller
Harmsion enjoys playing county cricket for Durham, so yeah he would want to be an FC cricketer, Don't know about being a test cricketer now though, think you might be right, maybe winning the ashes will inspire him or something like that, The sotuh africa pitches should suit his bowling style shouldn't they?
But he doesn't like travelling too far from England. He said som himself that at one point he was 'allergic to my passport'.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly, but if he's keeping Graham Onions out of the team I'd suggest they'd suit Onions's style more.

FBU

International Debutant
On SSN this morning, Harmison thinks he won't be fit enough to play in the Ashes in 18 months time. :blink:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just retire already ffs.
Agreed, would be good for him, no more touring, going out on a high. Good for us, so we can look at other hit-the-deck-bowlers who won't infuriate us so much.

Would also like Colly to fall on his sword at the age of 33, give some young South Africans their chance....

grecian

Kirby, Finn, Shreck perhaps Fletcher if he could get a game.

It's not a great list, I'm more then ready to admit, but to be honest neither is the option of Harmison any more. Think Onions and Broad are capable of getting lift from pitches with bounce anyway.

A man that looked completely impotent in this series until he got a few wickets late on to boost his figures. Actually very Panesar-like, but funnily enough not condemned from a persistent Monty-hater.

Would like Monty and Harmy replaced by younger, or at least fresher, blood in the squad.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tremlett?
Had some issues with injuries this year hasn't he?
He's had injuries for the past few years. It's unfortunate because he was pretty impressive in his debut series against India, but England haven't really been in a position where they can pick him since.

B.Scott4England

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

It's not a great list, I'm more then ready to admit, but to be honest neither is the option of Harmison any more. Think Onions and Broad are capable of getting lift from pitches with bounce anyway.
QUOTE]

I really hope Finn can make the step up. He certainly has the potential. (And Ben Scott keeps to him really well :0)

AWTA about Onions and Broad as well

Scaly piscine

A man that looked completely impotent in this series until he got a few wickets late on to boost his figures. Actually very Panesar-like, but funnily enough not condemned from a persistent Monty-hater.

Would like Monty and Harmy replaced by younger, or at least fresher, blood in the squad.
Except he'd have had 3-fer (all batsmen) in the 4th Test if the umpiring was competent (I've no doubt the brains trust in the dressing room to bang in everything short just as they did with Broad) and bowled well in the last Test - as accepted by pretty much everyone.

People like yourself can't wait to jump on him despite having no justification whatsoever based on that series. Meanwhile guys like Anderson continue to be ineffective and nobody tears into him.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
I really hope Finn can make the step up. He certainly has the potential. (And Ben Scott keeps to him really well :0)

AWTA about Onions and Broad as well
Out of curiousity, what type of bowler is Finn? I've heard a lot about his performances in the U19 for England, but is he a back of a length bowler like Harmison/Flintoff?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Out of curiousity, what type of bowler is Finn? I've heard a lot about his performances in the U19 for England, but is he a back of a length bowler like Harmison/Flintoff?
Yeah. Taller than both as well, he just doesn't have the pace as yet.