• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

uvelocity

International Coach
new years test

if this t20 pitch is anything to go by, look out for a scg celebration of pace next week

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doolan in the 14 man squad. Faulkner and Coulter-Nile being preferred over Dougeh as back-up though is sad.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Harris and perhaps a couple of his mates deserve to watch the Sydney Test with a beer in their hand.
I reckon Harris and his mates would stick you on your arse if you suggested that to them.

Did you see Rhino's post match interview?? Even said he'd be laying off the post match celebrations in order to give himself the best recovery to get up for Sydney.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If he wants to play and can pass a fitness test then why drop him? The rotation policy is gone so nows the time to prove it.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doolan in the 14 man squad. Faulkner and Coulter-Nile being preferred over Dougeh as back-up though is sad.
With doubts over Watto I'd say they're thinking Dools coming in for him and Forkers in for Bailey to cover the bowling side of things, but NCN in for Doug is annoying given that he's had a fairly average start to the Shield compared to the Rug. I get that NCN brings some batting but our tail's been fine so far.

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Johnson has 31 wickets so far. Looking forward to seeing how close he can push towards Warne's wicket record of 40 in a 5 Test Ashes series.

Only three Australians have ever collected 40 or more wickets in an Ashes Test series:

Terry Alderman 42 in 1981 (6 tests)
Terry Alderman 41 in 1989 (6 tests)
Rodney Hogg 41 in 1978/79 (6 tests)
Shane Warne 40 in 2005 (5 tests)

benchmark00

NB: This is not what I would do etc etc.

I think what will happen is that D00lander gets a debut and Forkers comes in for his debut as well. Doolan for Watson, Forkers for Harris.

morgieb

If Faulkner is one of our 4 bowlers...urgh.

Pick him ahead of Bailey if Watson isn't fully fit.

howardj

International Coach
Would prefer a non-bowling Watson at 3, rather than a non-bowling D00lan

Would prefer D00lan to Baylee

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I think Doolan gets the nod over Bailey. The others are all based on fitness. Bailey's fielding has been sub-par to say the least, his batting style is another version of Watson and Warner. So IMO I'd like Doolan to be thrown in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm really not all that fussed at the moment which combination we end up with as I wouldn't mind seeing any of the three guys added to the XI from the last Test. I think George Bailey deserves one more opportunity but I realize that a poor performance at the SCG could mean he misses out on selection to South Africa for the Tests. I know Boof has said that he likes 5 bowlers, but it just might mean that Smith or Warner will have to get through a few more overs.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
With doubts over Watto I'd say they're thinking Dools coming in for him and Forkers in for Bailey to cover the bowling side of things, but NCN in for Doug is annoying given that he's had a fairly average start to the Shield compared to the Rug. I get that NCN brings some batting but our tail's been fine so far.
Think with Johnson doing so well, and bowling a lot of shorter spells, Bollinger (who has rarely bowled more than 5 overs in a spell this season) and Johnson in the same side wouldn't suit them either.