• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah but Bangladesh aren't very good either. They haven't beaten a team who isn't Zimbabwe at home since 2009.

91Jmay

International Coach
hahaha holy **** you don't watch games there do you?

im their #1 hater on cw ffs and im more creative than you
Its not relevant. They can't beat the Windies at home, they aren't beating the Aussies. They had two good days against South Africa and people are pretending they aren't a ****ing **** team still, it is bizarre.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its not relevant. They can't beat the Windies at home, they aren't beating the Aussies. They had two good days against South Africa and people are pretending they aren't a ****ing **** team still, it is bizarre.
I think they are basing it on the fact that they have improved dramatically in the last 12 months as a one day side and have for once taken some of that into test cricket. Yes they have a long way to go but the fact they were competing with SA is a huge step in the right direction for them. Also they are still a relatively young side anyway so there is probably more to come in time.

Daemon

1. Australia's batting is terrible in these conditions. If Bangladesh don't prepare roads then probably Warner and Smith aside, they will struggle. They're also likely to make changes which means more inexperienced players than usual.

2. Bangladesh has improved. It's pretty much visible and you don't need results or stats to see that.

3. Nobody is saying Bangladesh are favourites, or will even win or draw a Test. It's just more likely to not be a joke series as it usually is with Bangla vs good teams.

4. Mustafizurrrr

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Bangladesh have been preparing a lot of roads recently against the likes of India and Pakistan in the hope of getting draws.Even Imrul Kayes said before the 1st South African test that a draw wouold be a massive result for them (obviously didnt know it would come the way it did)and I dont think unless they start actually winning tests and climbing the rankings that theyll move away from this tactic of preparing roads.Cant see Australia being bowled out twice in 5 days on Bangladesh pitches when a couple of Bangladeshs bowlers average 50+.Mustafizur is only one man

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think people are seeing too much into the Mustafiz effect. Not that he is a lesser bowler by any means, but it is kinda hard to run through a side when you are bowling with guys averaging closer to Sangakkara and Sobers than Afridi or Ashraful.

In the SA game, Shahid bowled well to dry up the runs which helped Mustafiz pick up the wickets. If they can do that sort of thing, and its a big IF, on a consistent basis, then they can start developing as a bowling side. Also, for all of Australia's spin bowling options, Taijul and Jubair have not yet proven to be the threats they need to be to destroy Australia.

As poor as their batting seems to be in away conditions, they are folding against bowling attacks like England or Pakistan who have match winning bowlers. Against ****ty teams like WI, away or home doesn't matter, Aussies pummel them into submission

91Jmay

International Coach
1. Australia's batting is terrible in these conditions. If Bangladesh don't prepare roads then probably Warner and Smith aside, they will struggle. They're also likely to make changes which means more inexperienced players than usual.

2. Bangladesh has improved. It's pretty much visible and you don't need results or stats to see that.

3. Nobody is saying Bangladesh are favourites, or will even win or draw a Test. It's just more likely to not be a joke series as it usually is with Bangla vs good teams.

4. Mustafizurrrr
1) So is Bangladesh on anything other than roads.

2) They've improved from club cricketers, that really doesn't mean much.

3) Yeah Aus will win both tests in 4 days, but it probably won't be as bad as normal I give them that.

4) One bowler.

OverratedSanity

For all the talk of Bangladesh preparing roads (which is true), Bangladesh's most impressive performance in tests recently (vs SA) came on pretty sporting pitches with good turn and decent bounce. They weren't roads.

Niall

International Coach
I understand how depressing it is for Australia to lose the Ashes like they did, but seriously booing English royalty when discussing cricket? Disgraceful. :@

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said earlier in this thread, this is the most laughably erroneous line of reason I think I've ever seen in cricket - easily debunked by the fact Ian Healy came up with it.

So we're to presume if there were no cat fights, Australia would've played the swinging ball better? Hilarious.

This is why I'll generally only read the English papers. I doubt Berry, Pringle, Atherton, Hughes and co were picking the holes in Kyly Clarke's persona as a pre-determiner of why Stuart Broad had 8 dismissals all caught in the cordon.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are there always reports like this when Australia to do badly?
Because your media contains educated, well-reasoned, articulate cricket writers - as with your commentary box - while the CH9 box generally sets the tone with their chest-beating real low-brow stuff and the written media tends to either trot out their opinions or come up with something silly themselves.

Ferraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Because your media contains educated, well-reasoned, articulate cricket writers - as with your commentary box - while the CH9 box generally sets the tone with their chest-beating real low-brow stuff and the written media tends to either trot out their opinions or come up with something silly themselves.
Still talking about the English media here? (Or maybe they're crap only when it comes to the footy?)
Agree with the commentary box, though :thup:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As I said earlier in this thread, this is the most laughably erroneous line of reason I think I've ever seen in cricket - easily debunked by the fact Ian Healy came up with it.

So we're to presume if there were no cat fights, Australia would've played the swinging ball better? Hilarious.

This is why I'll generally only read the English papers. I doubt Berry, Pringle, Atherton, Hughes and co were picking the holes in Kyly Clarke's persona as a pre-determiner of why Stuart Broad had 8 dismissals all caught in the cordon.
So Healy is blaming his niece... :whistling: