• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Indian Fans Hugbox Thread

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The main issue for fans about Dhoni is that he doesn't get out at all. And when a situation warranted one, he was not sent out. Absolutely stupid. Even in future after Dhoni retires, Pant and Pandya should play only at 6 and 7 till they learn to play a controlled innings.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This will be a good time to invest in Shaw, Gill and Iyer. We don't know if Rohit and Kohli will be around for the next WC. Need to build around these guys + Rahul and Pant.

cnerd123

likes this
Kohli is definitely going to be around in 2023. He's 30 and a fitness freak. He'll definitely be there and still be captain, barring something extraordinary happening.

While we should start grooming replacements for Dhawan and Rohit, I'm quite worried we wont.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I didn't think I could be a saddened by an Indian exit anymore but have been curiously off color since waking up today. I suppose because a WC comes around only twice a decade I tend to use it as a personal yardstick of sorts. Major life changes around the bend so a win here would have been a good way to bid farewell to an era.

Last edited:

sunilz

International Regular
Dhoni's PR team has taken over the internet. I see lots of people asking him not to retire on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't remember a decline this lengthy. Even Tendulkar's was only 18 odd months after the 2011 WC and the fact that he wasn't playing too many games meant it wasn't hurting the team that badly. Dhoni's been largely crap for ages and has played tons of odis.
It's a complete failure of odi statistics that he's managed to maintain a 45 AVG 85 Sr during this time. Stats don't get much emptier.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Dhoni's PR team has taken over the internet. I see lots of people asking him not to retire on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram .
i don't understand these humans. The ones who call themselves 'MSDians'. It's weird enough to support a player in a team sport that is proving detrimental to a team, but to this extent? What's his point if he isn't winning games. Isn't that why they became fans of him to begin with? And do they expect him to play till he's 70? He's got to retire someday.

It's such a bizarre thing.

Daemon

It's mostly the people who don't pay attention to the vast majority of India games who do this.

Every time he plays the typical 50 SR for 90% of the innings then hit some fours when the game is over type of innings, most of the people who defend him are those who didn't watch the match. It happens in most match threads here as well.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
i don't understand these humans. The ones who call themselves 'MSDians'. It's weird enough to support a player in a team sport that is proving detrimental to a team, but to this extent? What's his point if he isn't winning games. Isn't that why they became fans of him to begin with? And do they expect him to play till he's 70? He's got to retire someday.

It's such a bizarre thing.
I'm sure half of them are from Tamil Nadu. Insane hero-worshipping culture they have there. No exaggeration you could get stabbed for saying a word against one of their idols.

Daemon

I'm sure half of them are from Tamil Nadu. Insane hero-worshipping culture they have there. No exaggeration you could get stabbed for saying a word against one of their idols.
Or anything to do with their state tbf

Still remember how hb used to defend Srinivasan of all people lol.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni should have batted at 4. Perfect setting for him and kohli screwed up.
He should have batted 6 actually. There is no way he could survive the new ball. But as soon as DK got out, Dhoni should have come ahead of Hardik.

cnerd123

likes this
It's mostly the people who don't pay attention to the vast majority of India games who do this.

Every time he plays the typical 50 SR for 90% of the innings then hit some fours when the game is over type of innings, most of the people who defend him are those who didn't watch the match. It happens in most match threads here as well.
But if you aren't invested enough to even watch the games then why are invested enough to argue about it?

I hate it when people use sport as a vehicle for hate and negative emotions. It's not actually a substitute for war ffs. There is humanity at the core of sport, not hatred.

sunilz

International Regular
I don't know about others but this loss still hurts me unlike 2007 , 2015 . May be because I thought we had realistic chance of winning the cup after topping the group stage :(