• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Ireland in England 2020**

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huh. Captain, what have you done?!

Bounced out by James Vince.

A sentence I can be reasonably sure has never existed in English until this moment.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Typical English seamer, I'd say.

Definitely bowls more good length stuff than the bog standard fill-in medium bowler, whose MO is generally full length to attack the stumps.
He's decent oh yeah. Now he needs to fill in with the bat like that Pakistani all-rounder (Razzaq)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tector and Tucker is rather discordant as a partnership. Too similar to be characters in the same film, not enough symmetry to form a pleasing double act akin to Bodger & Badger. They need to either be more or less similar, but the current position is untenable.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tector and Tucker is rather discordant as a partnership. Too similar to be characters in the same film, not enough symmetry to form a pleasing double act akin to Bodger & Badger. They need to either be more or less similar, but the current position is untenable.
Niall O'Brien suggesting Tector has a couple of cricketing brothers, so, given the dynastic nature of Irish cricket, we may soon have to decide on a collective noun for them if they join him in green.

I'll throw a vector of Tectors into the ring.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Niall O'Brien suggesting Tector has a couple of cricketing brothers, so, given the dynastic nature of Irish cricket, we may soon have to decide on a collective noun for them if they join him in green.

I'll throw a vector of Tectors into the ring.
If you google Tector the first result is actually wookiepedia. Tector-Class Star Destroyer.

Which is probably more useful if the Tector brothers opt to form a synth-heavy rock band rather than turning out for the cricket team, but it's there.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nick Knight deploying the old "looks good in one-dayers, so pick him for the test team" fallacy on Rashid.
I have more sympathy for this view than most, but I don't think we learn a lot about Rashid from him taking wickets at home against an experimental Irish team.

Still, 150 ODI wickets up, I would argue England's best ever spinner in the format, and he's pretty much won this game.