• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Loving the angst.
Burgey, from 267/1 to 296 ao. Nine wickets lost for the addition of 29 runs. 9/29.
As if that wasn't enough pain for the fans, Dhoni decides Nehra should bowl the last over. After that, Indian fans must feel like an old sock.
lol. Don't blame 'em for the post match blues.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Burgey, from 267/1 to 296 ao. Nine wickets lost for the addition of 29 runs. 9/29.
As if that wasn't enough pain for the fans, Dhoni decides Nehra should bowl the last over. After that, Indian fans must feel like an old sock.
Not often that I have agreed with you but you are right on the money here...

Nehra is Dhoni's close friend.. explains a lot, tbh.. :detective:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't think you can over criticise the SA batsman at the top tbh. Thought they were a tad conservative but the bowling was good, the fielding sharpish and the pitch not the easiest to score on.
I really think Kallis almost cost them this one with his batting against blokes like Yusuf and Yuvi.. He should have taken to them, tbh.. Him and Amla.. AB saved the day and he won't be able to, everytime...

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Well Dhoni did gave last over to nehra against Sl when we were defending 414!!!!

No one wud be blaming Dhoni if nehra did it right........It's not Dhoni's fault at all.......A off spinner may get deposited at that time.......It's our batsman failure who didn't put enuf runs on the board.....

Spark

Global Moderator
Disagree. It was a bad decision and most people saw it at the time. If Dhoni wanted to bowl Nehra in the last over he should have given him time to warm up with the over previous. It's far too much to ask a seamer to bowl yorkers on-demand cold.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's why I'm loving it!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well Dhoni did gave last over to nehra against Sl when we were defending 414!!!!

No one wud be blaming Dhoni if nehra did it right........It's not Dhoni's fault at all.......A off spinner may get deposited at that time.......It's our batsman failure who didn't put enuf runs on the board.....
I know whoever you give the ball to, it can go either way. But the point is, you try and make the most rational decision at the time.. Nehra has not bowled well and Bhajji has.. Sometimes such simple things are the way to win games...

smash84

The Tiger King
And to think that Wayne Parnell considers Nehra to be his idol. :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The definition of a "tactical review".
haha.....yeah good one

I really think Kallis almost cost them this one with his batting against blokes like Yusuf and Yuvi.. He should have taken to them, tbh.. Him and Amla.. AB saved the day and he won't be able to, everytime...
I think that Kallis and Amla did a good job by conserving wickets. I think that as the day wore on the wicket became slower and it for more difficult to bat on.

True. Had Bhajji gone for 2 or 3 sixes in the over then everybody would have said what is the point of giving the ball to a spinner in the final over??? You don't want the batsman to have so much time to pick his areas in the last over. Poor Dhoni.......And I do think that the final overs should be bowled by fast bowlers. It is tougher to get them away when batsmen are slogging. Hell I have seen Saqalin going for a few in the final over of the innings (remember a match against India in Karachi. Rajesh Chauhan slammed him for a 6 in the final over) and for a long time Saqlain was the best ODI spinner in the world. Bowled tremendously well with Wasim at the other end.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
While I can see the merit in going for him, it then becomes the question of a lack of clear thought processes as it looks to me as it was a decision made at the last minute. Dhoni should have been planning who to take the last over a bit in advance, to get Nehra ready.

Blaze 18

Banned
I'm sure you'll see a more sensible approach from the Indian batsmen in the next game. Our bowling problems are nothing new; we'll just have to make the best of what we have. Zaheer, Harbhajan and Munaf (to an extent) are doing okay. The part-timers, Yuvraj and Yusuf, haven't done badly either. It's the fourth regular bowler that's been a problem. Sreesanth, Nehra and Chawla have all bombed. Maybe it's time to give Ashwin a go. He can't do much worse, surely.

The one good thing to come out of yesterday's game is that the chances of us facing Pakistan in the quarters are now minimal. Unless we screw up against West Indies, we won't be facing Australia either. That isn't to say New Zealand and Sri Lanka can't beat us; they can. Just not as likely as Australia or Pakistan.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dhoni is a ****ing idiot. Bowling an off spinner to a left hand bat who is just in seems like the most logical thing to do. Instead gave the ball to Ashish ****ing Nehra. ****! ****! ****!

I have to pay 100 dollars to my bro now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well if past records are what we are going to bank on, then India might as well forget about winning the World Cup - no host nation has won so far.
To be fair that's a stat weighted by Aussies mostly not hosting it and England mostly doing so.

Besides, Sri Lanka in '96?

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Don't really think it was Dhoni's fault to give Nehra the final over. Surely he would have been criticized it bhajji was given the ball and was smacked for 2 sixes. Having a fast man was the better choice logically. That said, it was simply foolish to bowl length in the final overs. Nehra should have bowled those yorkers. Munaf is guilty of it as well. Only thing Munaf has in the final overs is the slower ball. Hardly seen him bowling yorkers. That led to India's downfall.

smash84

The Tiger King
Don't really think it was Dhoni's fault to give Nehra the final over. Surely he would have been criticized it bhajji was given the ball and was smacked for 2 sixes. Having a fast man was the better choice logically. That said, it was simply foolish to bowl length in the final overs. Nehra should have bowled those yorkers. Munaf is guilty of it as well. Only thing Munaf has in the final overs is the slower ball. Hardly seen him bowling yorkers. That led to India's downfall.
that is what harsha bhogle thought too in his post match analysis