• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in CWLand Discussion and Results

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1st ODI

CW XI:

JE Stedman
AP Chaulk
A Cloete
CR Butler
RJ Dauth
+A Crampton
LA Camps
TC Halsey
XPA Rose
KJ Gough
NS Pickup

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
oops. selected the side that would have played but for injuries. Obvious replacement though.

1st One-day International: Cricket Web XI vs New Zealand
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Exceptional use of the new ball essentially decided the first ODI after ten overs was played, a match which was a severe setback for the tourists. It was not particularly exciting for the neutral observer, but the faithful CWLand crowd stuck out till the sweet end.

The new-look New Zealand opening pair quickly perished to one of the few genuinely dangerous opening bowlers going around today, though it was the recalled Rose who produced the best ball - an outswinger which had McCullum caught for a circumspect 12. When Gough had Fulton caught at slip shortly afterwards, the score read a miserable 45 for four.

Ross Taylor rebuilt with Matthew Sinclair, a reasonably wise choice at six as the innings needed to be rescued, but it was easy to keep the run rate down. The spinners then choked things easily, captain Pickup capturing three for 30, before Gough again brought the innings to a close by castling Martin through a mile-wide gate and registered career-best figures.

Martin came back with a good ball to get out Stedman, but after that it was plain sailing. Andrew Cloete dominated, making a fluent 68 with seven boundaries, before Jesse Ryder took two wickets. Butler and injury replacement Sean Fuller confirmed the inevitable.

New Zealand 163 all out (44.4)
LPRL Taylor 65*; KJ Gough 4/36 (7.4), NS Pickup 3/30 (10)

Cricket Web XI 164 for three (30.5)
A Cloete 64, AP Chaulk 53; JD Ryder 2/25 (5)

Cricket Web XI won by seven wickets
Man of the Match: K. J. Gough (Cricket Web XI)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Happy with that from a team standpoint, dev league standpoint and a player perspective.

Thanks to Neil for allowing me to bowl at Martin and giving me the easy wicket to claim MOM away from him. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Happy with that from a team standpoint, dev league standpoint and a player perspective.

Thanks to Neil for allowing me to bowl at Martin and giving me the easy wicket to claim MOM away from him. :)
I had four tries tbh, that should've been enough...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Delighted to get another chance in ODIs, and hit the running run. Very solid team performance overall, especially with the ball.