• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* PA Representative Poll

Who's your choice?

• Total voters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kwek said:
as far as im concerned Nath is winning it which means that the captaincly thing wont apply :)
Yes, but it could mean there is another candidate which could change the voting scores.

A representitve should not be elected until all these things are soughted out so the players can participate in a fair vote.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Personally i don't think the PA Rep should be a captain, it may through no fault of the person concerned result in conflicts of interest.

what diffference would it make being a captain?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
what diffference would it make being a captain?
Not wanting your players called up so they can play in the league instead, making the opposition called up instead.

You know, the old ICC trick.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Suppose an internal dispute arose in your team (not unheard of) you might be required as PA rep to act on behalf of a squad member - this would conflict with your role as team captain.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol surely it would be the same for any player, as far as im aware most people are quite keen for their team to win.

however there is a selection panel for a reason.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Suppose an internal dispute arose in your team (not unheard of) you might be required as PA rep to act on behalf of a squad member - this would conflict with your role as team captain.

same again, could cause anyone, not just the captain to conflict, because a) everyone can read comments on the forum b) the board would alomost definatley read the comments too and c) in selecting the team you have to leave out personal feelings almost.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
same again, could cause anyone, not just the captain to conflict, because a) everyone can read comments on the forum b) the board would alomost definatley read the comments too and c) in selecting the team you have to leave out personal feelings almost.
Should be always! :wacko:

Your team should have a selection panel anyway to stop these types of things.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
sorry that almost was there from another scentence which i deleted.

if anything for mine a captain would be more used to selecting teams both as an individual and part of a panel which would make them better at making unbiased decisions as they are practiced at it would it not?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Just a quick personal reference on the man andrew garvan (he didn't ask me to write this but I felt obliged to cos he's a good kid)

I've known him personally now for a very long time... he's a very down to earth, strong willed and good leader person. Also he's a guy who is very open and lets everyone have a chat to him and is the sorta guy u can feel safe bringing ur problems to. He would be perfectly suited to a role like this.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
Haha sorry, I took it as a given we would vote for ourselves. Have you voted for yourself? If not, please do... sorry! :ph34r: :D
I`ll stress this point again. Either that, or delete my vote please. :)

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Slats4ever said:
Just a quick personal reference on the man andrew garvan (he didn't ask me to write this but I felt obliged to cos he's a good kid)

I've known him personally now for a very long time... he's a very down to earth, strong willed and good leader person. Also he's a guy who is very open and lets everyone have a chat to him and is the sorta guy u can feel safe bringing ur problems to. He would be perfectly suited to a role like this.
Didnt you two know each other at school or something?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Man.. is there no way we can nominate other people? The nominations didn't last more than 2 days... :(

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hmm he posted about Nathan Hoy in the other thread. i dont think anything is going to change but if you have someone in mind and have support for them from others email Liam and tell him about it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
What? Nah, I have nothing against Age or Nath becoming PA Rep, just wondering if everyone had input. Sorry if you misintrepreted what I meant.. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In a tight race, Nath Patrick has defeated Andrew Garven 22-19 to become the new Players Association Representative. Congratulations Nath and fair play Andrew.

Nath, you'll receive a formal prompting of your duties soon.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In a tight race, Nath Patrick has defeated Andrew Garven 22-19 to become the new Players Association Representative. Congratulations Nath and fair play Andrew.

Nath, you'll receive a formal prompting of your duties soon.
I did say my vote should be changed somewhere in this thread, so it's actually 21-20. Never mind, Nath won, congrats.