• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in CWLand

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fair enough if Watt replaces me in the starting XI, but can I not be 12th man EVERY match? I`ve barely played any cricket at a state level or higher this season, and this really isn`t helping. Surely it`s in the team`s best interest to have me playing some cricket?

Great start for the Webheads, really running this depleted Pakistan side into the ground. Pickup and Halsey running wild ,and Crampton proving to be a worthy replacement for Ash.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ah k, cheers Trav. :)

Noticed I played an OD match against Blue, I`m assuming there was a gap in the schedule? If that wasn`t a mistake - brilliant. :D Glad to be amongst the wickets, and even more stoked to get a match.

Carn the Webheads.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I thought when a team is visiting CWLand, every player not in the first XI (including 12th man) is released and a grade player (or someone from a CW squad who isn't in their respective squad's first XI) is given emergency fielding duties?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I thought when a team is visiting CWLand, every player not in the first XI (including 12th man) is released and a grade player (or someone from a CW squad who isn't in their respective squad's first XI) is given emergency fielding duties?
That's the policy with tests, but apparently it is different with ODIs. That's what Liam said at the start of this series anyway. I'm not sure why Hakon included the internationals in the sides a couple of days back.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
That's the policy with tests, but apparently it is different with ODIs. That's what Liam said at the start of this series anyway. I'm not sure why Hakon included the internationals in the sides a couple of days back.
Because squads were selected to be together for the first 2 ODIs, the third ODI, then the 4th and 5th ODI.

Hence, again, full sides are available for tonight's games.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Because squads were selected to be together for the first 2 ODIs, the third ODI, then the 4th and 5th ODI.

Hence, again, full sides are available for tonight's games.
Ahh. Makes sense. Guess I better name a side then so that Cloete doesn't have a whinge.

edit: Or not, as we don't have a game.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Game simmed. Due to be posted when I'm less exhausted and fed up with the Dev League bickering.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Scorecard
Commentary

Shoaibs shine and Pakistan scratch home to stay in series
Pakistan vs Cricket Web XI - 3rd ODI
at the PDV Dome

Pakistan skidded through to victory in the crucial third one-day international match against the CW XI – a game saturated with drama. In the chase of 203, the visitors tumbled from a position of 116-1 to 129-4, but finally scratched home with 3 wickets intact.

Imran Farhat played the crucial innings of 67 at the top of the order, holding his team together on an unusually slow and difficult batting surface. It was Asim Kamal, however, who guided Pakistan home. Contributing just 14 not out, Kamal was partnered by number 9 Iftikhar Anjum when the target was attained.

Earlier the CW XI were inserted and found runs hard to come by against the seaming ball early on. Ian Markus and Liam Camps perished quickly to leave the score at 33-2. But Rob Dauth and Dinu DeSilva made worth of their batting promotions, adding a careful 102 for the third wicket.

It seemed that the Webheads were sensibly batting themselves into an excellent launch position, but when aggression finally came, it was a route to demise. Shoaib Malik cashed in with 4 middle order wickets, and the score slid to 173-7, from a strong 135-2.

Nathan Hoy and Tom Halsey pushed the innings along to the final over, entering it at 202-7. What followed was a spectacular display of fast bowling, as Shoaib Akhtar found life in the pitch and claimed a hat-trick of CW tailenders to wrap the innings with 3 balls to spare.

Searching for an attainable 203, Farhat and Afridi played sensibly to see off the early new ball threat, allowing captain Inzamam-ul-Haq to later smash consecutive sixes off Halsey, and accelerate toward the goal.

Pakistan now holds the series close at 2-1, with 2 highly anticipated matches to be played.

Cricket Web XI 202 all out (49.3 overs)
Pakistan 203-7 (49.2 overs)

Pakistan won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: Imran Farhat

How OUT:

Cricket Web XI
I Markus – not movement of feet, beating by in-seamer
LA Camps – loose drive at full delivery, played on
RJ Dauth – top-edged cut shot, caught smartly at lone slip
MW DeSilva – botton-edged cut shot, played on
MJ Robbins – bottom-edged sweep shot, bounced onto thigh, rolled back onto stumps
SE Fuller – lofted flat to short extra cover, caught brilliantly
A Crampton – swatted to midwicket, caught comfortably
TC Halsey – drove at wide and full delivery, caught gully
NS Hoy – not out
DJ Watt – gloved quick short ball, caught gully
NS Pickup – trapped lbw, ducking into a beautifully disguised slower ball

Pakistan
Imran Farhat – bowled between bat and pad by ball angled in
Shahid Afridi – slapped to gully at chest height
Shoaib Malik – trapped lbw by topspinner
Mohammad Yousuf – drove at quick legbreak, caught slip
Inzamam-ul-Haq – attempted to on-drive, leading edge caught low by diving mid-off
Younis Khan – attempted sweep against top-spinner, trapped lbw
Asim Kamal – not out
Yasif Arafat – top-edged reverse sweep, brilliantly caught by diving wicketkeeper
Iftikhar Anjum – not out

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, shocking batting performance there, there was nothing wrong with the bowling. Good to have hit some runs with young Dinu, both should've gone on though.

We'll just have to win the next 2 :p

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Nice Hatrick to finish of the innings by Shoaib. Well done Rob and DeSilva. Ginger was pretty good with the ball in his first captaincy outing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

4th ODI - Pakistan XI

Imran Farhat
Shoaib Malik
Younis Khan (wk)
Mohammad Yousuf
Imzamam-ul-Haq
Asim Kamal
Shahid Afridi
Yasir Araft
Iftikhar Anjum
Shoaib Akhtar
Arshad Khan

Mr Mxyzptlk

4th ODI - CW XI

I Markus
LA Camps
RJ Dauth
MW DeSilva
MJ Robbins
SE Fuller
A Crampton (wk)
TC Halsey
NS Hoy
DJ Watt
NS Pickup (c)

12th Man: NL Patrick

Loony BoB

International Captain
Congrats to Neil on his first win as an international captain, and great stuff by the team to level up the series - let's win that final game!