• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in CWLand

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pakistan make their second visit to CWLand, having been here as recently as season 11 and won 2-1 in a closely fought Test series. Since then fortunes have been on the up for CW and down for Pakistan; Cricket Web XI won 2-1 on their last Test tour of Pakistan, and have since seen a resurgence in their Test fortunes. The 50-over format will be contested as a three-team triangular tournament, also including Australia, and there will be two Twenty20 matches.

Tour itinerary

24 August
Tour match: CWBCC Chairmen's XI vs Pakistanis (4-day)
Casston Reserve

27 August
1st Test: CW XI vs Pakistan
Pickford Reserve

30 August
2nd Test: CW XI vs Pakistan
PDV Dome

1 September
3rd Test: CW XI vs Pakistan
CWBCC Stadium

3 September
Tour match: Pakistanis vs Cricket Web 'A' (50 overs)
Gofftown Oval

4 September:
1st Twenty20 International: CW XI vs Pakistan
Fardin Qayyumi CC

5 September:
2nd Twenty20 International: CW XI vs Pakistan
Fardin Qayyumi CC

Triangular tournament fixtures:

9 September
Cricket Web XI vs Pakistan
CWBCC Stadium

10 September
Pakistan vs Australia
Casston Reserve

11 September
Cricket Web XI vs Australia
PDV Dome

13 September
Cricket Web XI vs Pakistan
CW Oval

15 September
Australia vs Cricket Web XI
Pickford Reserve

17 September
Australia vs Pakistan
Fardin Qayyumi CC

18 September
Final
CWBCC Stadium

More news on the Australia tour fixtures, squads, etc. will arrive in the forthcoming days.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see the Pickford reserve included, might get a sniff of a chance on that pitch.

Will be interesting to see if there are separate T20 and ODI squads

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent to have a triangular tournament. Should be exciting. Hoping I can keep my name in front of the selectors with some good early games in the FC season.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not worried about Black, we have Ritchie waiting for a gig who was pretty good in the pre-season and has potential. I just want to score the most runs in FC this season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan arrive in Nixonstown

Set to begin their tour against CWBCC Chairmen's XI next week, Pakistan have arrived in the capital city. The most notable inclusion is that of Shoaib Akhtar, who has been recalled to both the Test and ODI squad after his PCB suspension was suspended by a High Court ruling.

Pakistan Test squad:
Shoaib Malik (c)
Misbah-ul-Haq (vc)
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Younis Khan
Salman Butt
Mohammad Yousuf
Faisal Iqbal
Nasir Jamshed
Iftikhar Anjum
Yasir Arafat
Danish Kaneria
Sohail Tanvir
Abdur Rehman
Shoaib Akhtar
Umar Gul

Pakistan ODI Squad:
Shoaib Malik (c)
Misbah-ul-Haq (vc)
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Younis Khan
Salman Butt
Mohammad Yousuf
Khaled Latif
Nasir Jamshed
Iftikhar Anjum
Yasir Arafat
Saeed Amjal
Sohail Tanvir
Abdur Rehman
Shoaib Akhtar
Umar Gul

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Shocking Call!" - Davis announced as CWBCC Chairmen's XI captain

CR Burge [CW Black]
JA Robertson [CW Red]
DG Speirs [CW Black]
DH Cole [CW Colts]
CJ Dinnen [CW Green]
MA Hutchinson [CW Colts]
KS König + [CW Black]
RA Williams [CW Blue]
DA Chapman [CW Green]
T Bochat [CW Colts]
HT Davis * [CW Black]

Cricket Web Black fast bowler is due to shave his beard and take a shower or two, after a long layoff saw him regress from the ranks of stud bearded lady. Davis has been sighted in various parts of CWLand between Grade matches, generally being mopey and depressed. But now he is called to put on his specially-designed captaincy boots and lead the Chairmen's XI against the touring Pakistanis.

It is a largely inexperienced team that will be be at his disposal, with 5 players yet to be capped by their club sides. Thad Bochat is the most experienced of the pace attack, while Rhys Williams gets a lifeline for his career and a chance to fight back into contention for CW Blue.

(Heath, you can post a bowling order/tactics in this thread within the next 5 or so hours if you life.)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(Heath, you can post a bowling order/tactics in this thread within the next 5 or so hours if you life.)
I have no life, that's why I was picked as Captain (so said the phonecall). Could you send me some details of these players' records and I'll sort something out forthwith.

Surprised to see Rhys Williams in here after his performances in the 20:20 competition. Shocked that he can't get a spot in his Dev League team XI. Maybe a 6th team is needed, eh?