• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** The Olympics is **** Thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Decent enough ending to the games I thought. Didn't care for most of the music, but thought the John Lennon bit was gun.

Am a bit sad about all the games being over, had become used to watching the coverage every day, and the atmosphere around London has been fantastic in a way I can't really describe. Like Grecian said in the other thread, I was fairly indifferent to the Olympics before they began, but having been swept up in it all over the last few weeks I can safely say it's probably been the greatest British achievement of my lifetime. Wonderful stuff. Well done to all involved.

Edit: And thank god Macca wasn't there to ruin it. Have had enough of that ****.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very noticeable that London was pointedly not described by the head of the IOC as the best Games ever.

/alwaysinourshadow

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might be wrong, but I don't think Rogge ever says that - that was a Samaranch trademark.

Rogge seems more concerned about upsetting previous hosts etc with comments like that.