• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England 59/4

300 is looking far away. Only rain can save England.
It's a taste of things to come in Perth tbh.

The bubble's burst. Another glorious England false dawn shown up for the complete myth it is.

Spark

Global Moderator
5/100.

In a way I hope Victoria don't win this because if they do, they're going to become nigh on insufferable for a while...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha if the Vics win I will give every Sydney dick **** for a long time. I will be unbearable.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Interesting, looks like he did ok, I thought there might have been a bit of a tug of war between Australia and New Zealand

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Hahaha. Like McDonald to the media a few weeks ago "We've won all the major competitions in the last few years and we have no one in the test team, you tell me why"

Perhaps because teams that dominate locally generally are full of tweeners, has beens and flat track bullies who will continue to dominate locally but never at International level, or youngsters on the way up, of which Victoria have many.

McDonald - Tweener, Hodge - Tweener/Has Been, McGain - Tweener/Has Been, Hussey - Tweener/Flat Track Bully, White - Tweener/Flat Track Bully, McKay - Tweener, Nannes - Has Been, Harwood - Has Been. Pattinson - Future star.... I could go on

Woodster

International Captain
Does the pitch look like the rains given it a bit of juice today?
It didn't look like it was doing anything too excessive at all, couple of loose shots, probably still a very slow pitch, and in the end Prior showed what was possible with the right application.

Nice to see Prior gets some runs under his belt, decent enough workout for the boys, now back to the serious business.

Himannv

International Coach
Really dont like mid series tour games like this one. I dont see it serving any purpose, except perhaps improving the form of certain players, give a team overconfidence, provide possible injuries, disrupt the flow of the in form side (which I think is probably going to be the result here) or simply waste time on what is essentially worse than a dead rubber.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I think one of the main aims is to ensure the players on the fringe, that have played very little cricket on this tour, manage to get some game time and a chance to get some overs in, or spend some time in the middle should they be required in the last few Tests.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed Dixon. Couldn't agree more.

Incidentally my back is out. Can you help? And if you refer a car accident case, I'll give you a sling, ok?

Last edited: