• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic cycling thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
(y) Well done. Hopeing Anna Meares can grab a medal now as it it looks like it's going to be a somewhat disappointing meet for our cycling team.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
LOL, even then Romero came 11th after only doing this race twice before and as she admitted herself not really knowing what was going on :lol:

Anyway more domination from the pursuit guys...only bad thing is its going to be a bit of a downer come London because there is no way we can live up to this in cycling, we'll need to squeeze a few more events in, there aren't enough women's ones in any case

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What sort of chance does NZ have in the Madison? Seems like Roulston can't do much wrong at the moment, would be great to see him pick up a third medal.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What sort of chance does NZ have in the Madison? Seems like Roulston can't do much wrong at the moment, would be great to see him pick up a third medal.
They aren't listed in any odds i can find, one place had Wiggins/Cavendish 2/5, any one else 7/4 another has GB 1.29, Germany on 4.90.

Betfair has GB 1.67, Germany & Netherlands 2.44, Ukraine 3.47, NZ aren't mentioned.

Burgey

Poms even have the favourite in the women's BMX!!!!

What's going on over there?

_Ed_

NZ's Sarah Walker is ranked #1 in the world at the moment though, so I'm hoping we can deny them gold this time.

Burgey

That Kamikazi (sp?) idiot just bottomed out last in his heat. Looks like he had an equipment malfunction.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
NZ's Sarah Walker is ranked #1 in the world at the moment though, so I'm hoping we can deny them gold this time.
yeah but tbf i think Walker is only number 1 because Reade took time out to do a bit of track cycling (won a couple of World champs in that as well) and missed a few ranking events.

Still to me sounds like a bit of a lottery this bmx, can get smashed of your bike and apparently 95% of the races are won by the person who gets to the first corner first. So it's anybodies for mine and im surprised Reade is such a low price. The french woman looks good as well.

_Ed_

It does look that way, although Walker's said she believes there are only 4 people in contention for the 3 medals.

Craig

World Traveller
So will Chris Hoy get a knighthood now or some higher up gong? Or is it only reserved for popular sports like football, rugby and cricket?