• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Our time will come - Chak De Indiaaaaa

smash84

The Tiger King
PS. Ripped up a few shirts, lost my voice, drove around the city proudly holding up the Indian flag, and got completely drunk with my buddies in the last two matches while celebrating India's victory. Have no idea what'll happen tomorrow if India win, but all I can say is I bleed blue and forever will!
:thumbup:

haha.......good luck for the final mate

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah.........congratulations Turbi..........haha.......I still remember the time when I had mocked you before the SA series ( and I still will in the future :)....) that you will leave the forum after the WC b/c India will be knocked out...........and you wrote a big post which said in the end "but I believe, I believe"..........

Congratulations dude........India did a fine job..........Tendulkar can now retire from ODIs in peace......

I remember the statement of Imran Khan when he retired after the 92 World Cup

"I feel privileged that I am leaving my cricketing career with a lot of pride and dignity and it is a privilege that has often been denied to much greater sportsmen."...........

WAG

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Turbi would finally be vindicated.............well not really..........he always has only one prediction......maybe he should change his name to IndiaWin :laugh:.......

btw where is IndiaLose now......he is nowhere to be seen now when India are winning handsomely.......to his credit he has worked as a wonderful anti-jinx so far..........I wonder if his disappearance on this forum before the final will cost India the world cup????
Wats up??

Anti-jinxing worked. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah Congrats guys :happy:

Came back from celebrations now can't sleep so trolling around the forum.:laugh:

salman85

International Debutant
Congratulations Neighbors.

India deserved to win.Over the course of the competition,India were worthy winners.Knocked out the defending champions,knocked out the arch rivals,and then knocked out one of the pre tournament favorites.The best part would probably be that India won all their knockout matches fairly comfortably,and minus a few minor hiccups here and there,they were never looked in serious danger of losing the match.

This Indian side is probably one of the best,if not the best one India have had in their history.In the next few years they will be the side to beat.I don't think they will dominate cricket the way Australia did in the last decade,or the way West Indies did in the 70s and 80s,and even though currently there isn't a lot to choose from the best 3-4 teams in the world,India do have an edge over them.

India's success in the future is linked to Dhoni's captaincy however.If he stays incharge,they will remain a force to be reckoned with.If they don't,the side's quality might dwindle.Amid all of Yuvraj,Sachin and Kohli,Dhoni is the man who has orchestrated this WC victory,and the BCCI must do everything possible to ensure that he stays incharge.Fans should pray that he keeps on enjoying his role,and doesn't lose motivation to lead after this WC win.

Anyway,
Enjoy the win my Indian Friends.I plan on starting my own 'Dil Dil Pakistan' thread in 3 and a half years time :ph34r:

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India isn't close to that Aus team from 1999-2007 TBH. While people remember the WC unbeaten streak, it's easy to forget that they very rarely lost even bilateral series and won in tough places like SA, SL, India etc. Add 2 Champions Trophies to that as well. India have some way to go to match that catalogue of achievements.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I doubt we'll ever match that. But that's fine, because that team/era was an all-time great team/era.

You can't just expect that. You can aim to achieve it, but don't expect it.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I doubt we'll ever match that. But that's fine, because that team/era was an all-time great team/era.

You can't just expect that. You can aim to achieve it, but don't expect it.
AWTA.

z

Blaze 18

Banned
India will never be able to match the dominance of that Australian side, perhaps no team ever will. If this Indian team manages to achieve thirty percent of what that great Australian side managed to, I'll be happy. This is probably Indian cricket's absolute peak - number one in Tests and World Champions in ODIs. Can't get much better than this. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what a day it has been! Absolutely amazing, words cannot describe these emotions and memories. And what a night it'll be, going absolutely crazy! Bringing out the flags, and bringing out the dhols!

Was going to pull out the posts of each and every doubter, but then decided against it. We're better than that, and India's performance has been more than enough of a reply to each one of them. It's a night to celebrate, and enjoy! Haters can suck it! :happy:

congrats turbinator!!!:)
Played, Turbs. :)
yeah.........congratulations Turbi
YEAAAAHH!!
India won it for you Turbinator :cool:
YEEAAHAHHAHAHAH !!!!! We are champions !!!!
Turbinator - you are a legend man, I can't say anything more than that. :notworthy:clapping:
Yeah Congrats guys
Couldn't have won it without you
Congratulations Neighbors.
I absolutely ****ing love you guys! Live it up Champs! :wub::group:

Tonight's gonna' be a good night, tonight's gonna be a good good night... I gotta' feelin' woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo :beer::dj: