• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players' Association Representative: Elections

Who should be Players' Association Representative?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK, here they are. Players have until 13:24 GMT on 25 April to vote (i.e. two days from the start of the poll) - if no candidate has more than 50 % of the vote, the two candidates with the most votes will have a run off, which will close some time on 27 April. A quick election, but it's necessary in order to give the winning candidate a say in the input of selections for the tour of Australia.

The Players' Association representative will be responsible for contact between the players and the board members, and will be the person to contact if any player has problems with the way the game is run in CWLand. He will also take up one position on the Selections Panel, and along with the captain the players thus have two voices out of the five on the panel.

Candidates:

Daniel Towns (Loony BoB)
Sean Bennett (steds)
Sean Fuller (FaaipDeOiad)
Dave Richards (superkingdave)
Jack McNamara (vic_orthdox)
Tharmi Loganathan (chaminda_00)

Rob Dauth and Andrew Garven declined nominations.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think I'm gonna go for Towns, given the effort he puts into the stats and the whole thing in general.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
DP Richards.

Towns has enough on his plate as it is :p If he can prove he is an insomniac, then I might vote for him :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Towns for me by quite a margin. Nobody can possibly know more about the Dev League and it's going ons than Towns.

Loony BoB

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
If he can prove he is an insomniac
I'm only doing this because I can. :p Of course, it's been about half a year since I last had to use one of them. It should probably be known that if I am given the role of PA Rep, I will be stepping down from the U-19 selection panel as I strongly believe in giving more people in CWLand a chance to actually be able to do something, and U-19 selections is a good place for people to get into such things.

Despite all of that, though... McNamara easily gets my vote. Top guy, and is more than deserving of some kind of position around CWLand.