• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Playoff for 3 and 4

Craig

World Traveller
What an absolute waste of a game!

It is only played just for the sake of it and the players dont wont to play it or be there, so what is the point?

I would rather see a 'Best-of-the-best' game, where the best players from South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, the Pacific Islands and Nambia (ok none would make it) pool together in a Southern Hempishere XVI and the best from Ireland, France, Italy, Soctland, Wales, Georgia (ok none would make it), USA, Canada and Japan pool together and form a Northern Hempishere XVI, play off in a one-off game.

That would be worth it and I'm sure the players would want to play in instead of the 3/4 game.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blunderbuss said:
It still managed to attract a crowd of 78,000. More loot for the coffers, methinks!
If that crowd figure is true, I'm amazed.

Whole areas of the ground seemed almost empty.