• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please tell me Koertzen can't be involved in ruining the final too

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If the umpires can restore the balance a bit by helping claim some Aussie wickets and by denying Aussie bowlers a few, they would be preventing Australia from ruining the finals :sleep:
I wonder the purpose of that post was ??:blink: :wacko:

Are you trying to say SL cannot win on their own right and need poor umpiring decisions to get there ...if thats what you are implying...I am pretty apalled...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Taufel's lbw decisions to give Taylor and Dilshan out today were both terrible for someone who's rated by most as the number 1.
It was Koertzen who gave Dilshan LBW not Taufel... Taufel gave the other one...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

Are you trying to say SL cannot win on their own right and need poor umpiring decisions to get there ...if thats what you are implying...I am pretty apalled...
But, as you've told us, you don't have a complex or anything...

Fiery

Banned
It was Koertzen who gave Dilshan LBW not Taufel... Taufel gave the other one...
No Jason:

Oram to Dilshan, OUT, yet another unlucky decision, this time from Taufel. Full and drifting down the legs, Dilshan tries to paddle it past short fine but can't make contact. The ball strikes his back leg and is swinging away all the time. It might have gone on to clatter into the fifth stump (on the leg side) but Taufel raises his finger. Not again, Dilshan seems to be saying.

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
Simon Taufel is pretty good....but he had a big stuff up when giving Dilshan out LBW against NZ on Tues, when the ball was probably going to miss another set of stumps. Rare error from a top ump. The rest of the Aus umps are probably the worst in the world (David, Harper, Hair etc).

The finals should be umpired by Aleem Dhar and Billy Bowden.

Interestingly, the Aus players cannot stand Bowden as he stands up to their antics and imposes himself on the game (much like Hair got up the Pakistani noses in an overbearing officious manner). Bowden remains a pretty good umpire.

Fiery

Banned
Interestingly, the Aus players cannot stand Bowden as he stands up to their antics and imposes himself on the game (much like Hair got up the Pakistani noses in an overbearing officious manner). Bowden remains a pretty good umpire.
That's because Billy might want some hugs. They don't want to include him in their man-love sessions :p

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
No Jason:

Oram to Dilshan, OUT, yet another unlucky decision, this time from Taufel. Full and drifting down the legs, Dilshan tries to paddle it past short fine but can't make contact. The ball strikes his back leg and is swinging away all the time. It might have gone on to clatter into the fifth stump (on the leg side) but Taufel raises his finger. Not again, Dilshan seems to be saying.
Ok, it was Koertzen who gave the shocker against Chamara Silva....Your previous post re Taufel giving 2 shocking LBWs is wrong... he only gave one.

Koertzen on the other hand gave 2 one against Chanara and another against Ross Taylor.OK.

Fiery

Banned
Ok, it was Koertzen who gave the shocker against Chamara Silva....Your previous post re Taufel giving 2 shocking LBWs is wrong... he only gave one.

Koertzen on the other hand gave 2 one against Chanara and another against Ross Taylor.OK.
Wrong again Jason. Try to get your facts right before being so adamant and arguing these things buddy :) :

10.3 Vaas to Taylor, OUT, Hook, line and sinker! Taylor hasn't had the best time out in the middle and he's adjudged lbw by Taufel this time. Vaas get it at a good length and Taylor comes forward trying to whack it across the line. Misses the ball and is struck on the pads, not much deviation after pitching and the ball might have gone on to miss off but Taufel gives it out. Taylor's forgettable stay comes to an end, Vaas's accuracy is awarded with a wicket. Another debatable decision. The umpires have really struggled on the day

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

No Jason I am not implying anything like that. Loosen up my friend.

Sri Lanka actually won inspite of both the bad decisions going AGAINST them in the semi finals.

This was more in jest to stress the monotony and boredom of watching onesided games, and to emphasise my disappointment at Australia's ridiculous dominance of world cricket. Nothing to do with Sri Lanka. Relax.:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Wrong again Jason. Try to get your facts right before being so adamant and arguing these things buddy :) :

10.3 Vaas to Taylor, OUT, Hook, line and sinker! Taylor hasn't had the best time out in the middle and he's adjudged lbw by Taufel this time. Vaas get it at a good length and Taylor comes forward trying to whack it across the line. Misses the ball and is struck on the pads, not much deviation after pitching and the ball might have gone on to miss off but Taufel gives it out. Taylor's forgettable stay comes to an end, Vaas's accuracy is awarded with a wicket. Another debatable decision. The umpires have really struggled on the day
OK so you got that right . Must be a good feeling after being hacked off with Murali and not having anything to thrash about.... I hope it has been helpful and therapeutic for you to get something right for once .:laugh: :laugh:

But anyone who has followed cricket long enough and observed both these Umpires will know who is the better of the two and who they would pick every time if they had a choice .... I know I have no doubt I would go for Taufel every time, forget his bad days... the man is a gem of an Umpire compared to the degenerate deaf Koertzen.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
No Jason I am not implying anything like that. Loosen up my friend.

Sri Lanka actually won inspite of both the bad decisions going AGAINST them in the semi finals.

This was more in jest to stress the monotony and boredom of watching onesided games, and to emphasise my disappointment at Australia's ridiculous dominance of world cricket. Nothing to do with Sri Lanka. Relax.:)

Ok . Cheers.:)

Fiery

Banned
OK so you got that right . Must be a good feeling after being hacked off with Murali and not having anything to thrash about.... I hope it has been helpful and therapeutic for you to get something right for once .:laugh: :laugh:

But anyone who has followed cricket long enough and observed both these Umpires will know who is the better of the two and who they would pick every time if they had a choice .... I know I have no doubt I would go for Taufel every time, forget his bad days... the man is a gem of an Umpire compared to the degenerate deaf Koertzen.
I thought I was wrong once, but it turns out I was mistaken :)

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Rudi seems to be an expert at not giving out utter PLUMB lbws, and giving out terrible ones. Ive lost count over the recent years the number of times my jaw has dropped at a rudi 'not out'. You need to remove middle stump for him to give lbws these days.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's very fair for these two men to be umpiring the final, both are very good and have been throughout the tournament.

Who's 3rd umpire?
Bucknor very good ?? At cricket umpiring ?? Ask us :)