• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - England, France, Argentina, United States, Tonga

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Regular fullback for Bath for about three years and has repped 15 for England and the Lions.

I can see the thinking since Daly has been somewhat less effective at fullback for England than he was around 2017 when he was on the wing. I don’t really mind which order they’re in, both too good to leave out and 14/15 switch positions all the time in tests now.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Fair, I'd always only thought of him at 11/14. I imagine Dalys boot is what gets him the 15 Jersey

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah Watson doesn't exactly lack a kicking game but he runs the ball from deep a lot more often than he returns kicks. So picking him at fullback over Daly is seen as the more attacking, less pragmatic option. I think if we're playing a side with a accurate kicking game (Ireland) or good chasers (NZ) having him catch and run at defenses would be less than pragmatic, but he'd do fine against France.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Strong start from the Pumas. Owens reading the riot act to Farrell already.

EDIT: mildly surprised they took the three there.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's very disappointing when games like this are decided so early on by cards.

Lavanini only has himself to blame but gee it sucks from the point of view of the spectator.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They've been punished numerically but not on the scorecard - nice call from the comm.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
By the law it was a definite red, and the right call... but feels like a tough red, because it lacked intent and was more just a poor tackle.
It also feels tough because it's so early on in the game.

A red at 75 mins is simply not equal to a red at 15.

Tuilagi needs to be redded for that too btw.

Gee....lucky to get away with that. That should've been a yellow.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yellow for Manu here? Nope. Slightly fortunate in the context of the game. Chap was clearly airborne when hit.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yellow for Manu here? Nope. Slightly fortunate in the context of the game. Chap was clearly airborne when hit.
Can't really understand how that wasn't yellow. Tackled in the ear and the bloke actually landed heavy too. bizarre .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Farrell have a Barry with the boot here. Maybe time to give the guy who's nailed every place kick bar one this year a go?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Argentina's lack of discipline is extremely frustrating. Can't imagine how the coach must be feeling