• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

DCC_legend

International Regular
Ireland v Georgia could be a tight match, considering how well Georgia played in the first half of their first match. Unless Ireland wise-up and stop all these stupid errors, they should be fine.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Well done Georgia for only being 7-3 down at half time...Ireland looking bit lacklustre

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Massive call. Ireland lead 14-10 with 3 mins to go & ref's gone to video ref for Georgian try.

Ooooh. Scrum five.

Chubb

International Regular
Ref was an alumnus of my university, he was in the student paper last year.

Great game from Georgia, you have to hand it to them they play totally one-dimensionally but they do it really well.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh so close for Georgia, would've been massive if they managed to get up and beat Ireland.

ripper868

International Coach
Ireland v Georgia could be a tight match, considering how well Georgia played in the first half of their first match. Unless Ireland wise-up and stop all these stupid errors, they should be fine.
Gun call.
wish i saw the game, video ref for a georgia try at the death...wow imagine if georgia got up? gotta say either the little nations are getting better or the bigger nations are getting worse. loving how alot of the minnows have pushed most of the teams.

Perm

France looking pretty good here I reckon, good to see that erratic moron in the stands chose his best combination in the halves.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Ireland were hopeless. Their backline is awful and their forwards were dead slow. All France had to do was play solid rugby, which is dismal for a supposedly must-win game. I have no idea how wooden spooners like Wales and Scotland are managing to play better rugby than Ireland.

France are looking pretty average. NZ ought to kill them in Cardiff (if it gets to that stage.)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Argentina looking impressive against Namibia, especially up front. Granted it's "only" Namibia, but ourselves, Wales & Ireland have all looked horrible against lesser nations at times.

Ireland will be starting as underdogs for the crucial game I think. Assuming Los Pumas pick up the 4th try bonus here (looking likely as they have 3 at the break), Ireland will need a 4-try win to have any chance of progressing & that looks beyond them just now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
and have to beat them by more than 7pts to stop them getting the bonus point :unsure:
Yep, fair point. Won't matter if you don't get 4 tries tho.

Argentina really cutting loose here. 56-3 with quarter of an hour left. This gives them 14 points & vastly superior points difference. The best Ireland can do is 14 points, so they're effectively playing for pride, really. :(

DCC_legend

International Regular
Ireland will get beaten. The Argentinian flair will prove too much for them, unless they manage something magic, i doubt they will win. I doubt it'll be a walkover by Argentina, but definetely a close match.

Argentina 26 - 16 Ireland.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Irish need a haka to really fire them up, a jig may work.

But really they didn't look like they were enjoying themselves at all there.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
If France win tomorrow - will Ireland really need to win by 99 points, or have I misunderstood the system?

Perm

I just thought the Irish had to beat Argentina, score four tries and stop their opposition getting a bonus point.