• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Pura/ING Cup* in Australia

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Alright

ING Cup:
QLD - 30
WA - 27
VIC - 26
NSW - 21
TAS - 18
SA - 8

Pura Cup:

VIC - 36
WA - 34
QLD - 24
SA - 20
NSW - 10
TAS - 6

Therefore the 2 finals are:

ING Cup - Queensland vs Western Australia @ Gabba
Pura Cup - Victoria vs Western Australia @ Junction Oval (MCG is still a mud pit :) )

Interesting to note, the same 3 teams finished in the top 3 in both comps, just different order.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well then there are a couple games yet. All CW players involved in those 2 games get a minor contract extension. ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pura Cup Final
Western Australia v Victoria
at the Junction Oval

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 379 and 309/4 dec.
VICTORIA 237 and 390

Werstern Australia won by 61 runs
Man of the Match: DR Martyn

---

ING Cup Final
Western Australia v Queensland
at the Gabba

WESTERN AUSTRALIA 263/5 50.0 overs
QUEENSLAND 257/6 50.0 overs

Western Australia won by 6 runs

Man of the match: DR Martyn

As a special treat, the full scorecards are attached.

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
Sean Ervine, Ervine...

Congratulations to Dave, too. How's your shoulder feeling after 32 overs? ;)
Pfft, bowled more for CW Red :p was a walk in the park today mate.

Getting the double is awsome, stoked about that. Congrats to all the WA boys, and to Popat. It's been great playing club cricket with them, and I hope they are willing to see myself and Popat's return for next year.

Cloete

International Captain
Damn WA did us in the ING. Oh well we put up a great fight and I'm personally happy with 78. But I think I should have scored my runs quicker and I can probably be blamed for this demoralising defeat which could have ended our club season so well :(

However well done to WA and in particular well bowled Dave! :clap:

Oh well still a good season. Finishing 3rd in Pura Cup and Runners Up in the ING Cup. Was great to play along some of the queensland legends.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
woohooo thanks mate

happy with my fc average which i wanted to get up but my one day batting had a little to be desired.....