• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ramdin ban

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clearly he knew what he was doing. Sometimes a player has claimed a catch that bounced but its not clear whether they knew or not, so you can't ban them. He knew here, its obvious. He should be banned.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nice, yep it would of made Grey Dyer proud. I can't believe people are defending him, it was blatant cheating and he got off light in my opinion.
Heh, if you want your hackles raised go and read the cricinfo page, where several commentors suggest Tim Southee should receive a similar ban for not giving himself out lbw in the ODI the other night :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice, yep it would of made Grey Dyer proud. I can't believe people are defending him, it was blatant cheating and he got off light in my opinion.
Remeber Dhoni's a few years back at Lord's off Pietersen? Dead set nearly bounced up and hit him in the forehead it landed that far in front of him. Even so, I think this one is worse than most of the contentious "catches" I've seen in recent times. He looks down and picks the ball up off the ground ffs.

I suspect the fact he was playing in England meant he had a "When in [former conquest of] Rome, do as the [former underlings of the] Romans do.

flibbertyjibber

Remeber Dhoni's a few years back at Lord's off Pietersen? Dead set nearly bounced up and hit him in the forehead it landed that far in front of him. Even so, I think this one is worse than most of the contentious "catches" I've seen in recent times. He looks down and picks the ball up off the ground ffs.

I suspect the fact he was playing in England meant he had a "When in [former conquest of] Rome, do as the [former underlings of the] Romans do.
Mmmmm never seen the one by Ponting then that Gavaskar goes nuts about.

flibbertyjibber

i think this worked out for the best tbh
I agree, I just hope the next player to do the same gets the same punishment so no bias can be claimed in future.

This should be the marker now that it is a 2 game ban if you do this in a ODI/T20 match. What they do in a test I don't know.

greg

International Debutant
I agree, I just hope the next player to do the same gets the same punishment so no bias can be claimed in future.

This should be the marker now that it is a 2 game ban if you do this in a ODI/T20 match. What they do in a test I don't know.
Found it! I knew my memory wasn't playing tricks!

Latif banned for five matches over disputed catch

(Also this)

Ramdin got off lightly! Although maybe the difference was that in the latest incident the correct decision actually got made on the field eventually so his 'deception' didn't actually change anything.

Last edited: