• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rooney worth £50million - Everton

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the club is the richest in the world through shirt sales in the asian market, the money raised there doesnt go to transfers, unlike abramhovic's billions, its all there to spend by mourinho. Its going to be a long time before man utd pay £50m for a player.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
So Craig, if you were Chief Executive of Everton, how much would you let him go for, considering the fact that both Chelsea and Real are willing to pay so much over the odds for everyone?
In all honesty he is worth £15-20m, maybe £25 that is if you are lucky.

First I have heard about Real Madrid showing an interest in him considering if there is a transfer rumour out there I probably know it!

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
the club is the richest in the world through shirt sales in the asian market, the money raised there doesnt go to transfers, unlike abramhovic's billions, its all there to spend by mourinho. Its going to be a long time before man utd pay £50m for a player.
Yep I hope they buy Deco and he will probably turn out to be another Veron.

Simon

hard to say till he actually gets there, difference will be deco would have mourinho there, veron had to adopt man utd's style of play, while chelsea will have to adopt deco;s and mourinhos. I think he'll go alright you know

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
In all honesty he is worth £15-20m, maybe £25 that is if you are lucky.

First I have heard about Real Madrid showing an interest in him considering if there is a transfer rumour out there I probably know it!
You'd sell him for £15m?!!

Fast track to getting hubcaps nicked, that is.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
broncoman said:
I would seriously doubt that - just because it's from shirtsales, doesn't mean it doesn't go towards transfers. Unfortunately, shareholders do. :(

So your last poiunt is probably right.

Simon

merchandise sales is how a lot of clubs make a high percentage of their money. Without knowing statistics id say Man Utd sell more shirts in the important Asian and American markets. The amount of money they would make of that would be huge. Its likely some of the cash raised there would go to fergie to spend. BUt i think the more likely transfer money is pumped in fron the shareholders, and of course they eventually get their fair share of the profits.

Its not a good time of the day to try and be serious :p

Simon

it was only 2 sasons ago u spent £30m on rio ferdinand and more recently combined total of about £15m for Saha and Alan Smith. i heard you were trying to get Mexes fro Marsille, so its abviously defenders fergie is after not Wayne Rooney.

Craig

World Traveller
Well Manure have already got Gabriel Hienze from PSG.

Parma striker Alberto Gilardino (he should have been picked for Italy) has been linked with a move there. With Parma's finincial difficulties it may be hard for them to turn it out. Although the signing of another striker will probably be a sign that Ruud van Nistelrooy is on the way out.

I would loan David Bellion for the season and sell Diego Forlan. Forlan is a lot better player then what he is given credit for except that tends to lack self belief, if he can get to a club where he can get regular first team football he will shine.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
You'd sell him for £15m?!!

Fast track to getting hubcaps nicked, that is.
You sersiouly can't think he is worthy of a record transfer fee.

Bump that up to £30m maybe, but that is at the most he is worth.

Simon

Hienze is good, but over rated, what ive seen of him hes on par with wes brown.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Yes Rooney is worth £50m and I will go on trial at Inter Milan next week and Diego Forlan will be voted the world's greatest ever player. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rooney is worth what people will pay for him - if someone is prepared to pay £50m, then that's his worth.

For me, I'd take anything over £25-30m for him as his profile will only drop in the next 2 years, and there's no guarantee he'd be as good in WC06 to boost it again.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
I would seriously doubt that - just because it's from shirtsales, doesn't mean it doesn't go towards transfers. Unfortunately, shareholders do. :(

Can't have it both ways - without the shareholders in the first place the club wouldn't be anywhere near as rich as it is now...