• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16 thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They weren't great on the ball, but Colombia didn't get anywhere near the back line for the whole game, except that time Walker gifted them the ball. They weren't even getting any set pieces until injury time. Their goal came from a proper hail mary 50-yard volley. OK, their ineffectiveness was mostly because they picked 3 pure fouling DMs who couldn't pass for ****, but then that also explains why England struggled with the ball.

I'm finding the Irish/Scottish crowd unusually deluded this year. They've seamlessly switched from "England are underestimating a very solid Colombia side" to "England are **** because they didn't beat Colombia comfortably enough".
Patience, lad. We must remember that Furball gets overly excited very easily and this often leads to him saying manifestly foolish things.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tim Vickery with some strong words about Pekerman. Actually said he should be "ashamed". Unusual for him to use such strong, critical and emotive language.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never in doubt.

Ridiculous how Colombia played as they have the ability to have beaten us had they not tried to cheat all game. Not that I am complaining.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Patience, lad. We must remember that Furball gets overly excited very easily and this often leads to him saying manifestly foolish things.
I think a better team than Colombia will have no trouble suffocating England unless their midfielders (particularly Dele) grow a pair and actually look for the ball from their centre halves.