• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sami is back

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
should i sign-up to a betting website and put $5 on him to be leading wicket-taker

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm actually so pumped for this. Nothing would be more randomly awesome in cricket than him actually performing this time.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'm actually so pumped for this. Nothing would be more randomly awesome in cricket than him actually performing this time.
iirc he bowled such an awesome spell in Sydney 2010 and put aus on the backfoot. Only to see kakmal lose the match by dropping so many catches and missing stumpings run outs etc. Effectively ending Sami's career

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
More importantly I saw Sami bowl well live. In a Test. That's pretty god damn rare! Definitely something to tell the grandkids about one day.

smash84

The Tiger King
More importantly I saw Sami bowl well live. In a Test. That's pretty god damn rare! Definitely something to tell the grandkids about one day.
That's true. It isn't everyday that an opening bowler who plays 35 plus tests who has an average of 52 bowls well. I mean who the **** do you get that bad of a bowling average? :blink:

I guess Sami was much worse than he seemed.

Niall

International Coach
Its a little grim that they can't find better alternatives in 2016, but due to lack of options and never actually been that bad in limited overs cricket, he probably deserves a chance. Sharjeel brought into the squad is much more positive news, should never have been binned from t20 in the first place.

smash84

The Tiger King
Its a little grim that they can't find better alternatives in 2016, but due to lack of options and never actually been that bad in limited overs cricket, he probably deserves a chance. Sharjeel brought into the squad is much more positive news, should never have been binned from t20 in the first place.
wasn't he going down the shahzad route when he was binned?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't want to see Sami bowling well without silky smooth hair. I want to see a Sami bowling pies with silky hair. wahh

Niall

International Coach
wasn't he going down the shahzad route when he was binned?
He had only played 2 T20 games and in the second he scored 50 off 20 odd balls, but due to him stinking it out in 50 overs cricket he was binned from everything. He hasn't really set the world on fire though in the Asia cup though, its possible that Shezhad will be back for the world cup as Afridi has said their could be changes depending on the Asia cup performances.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Love Sami's action. He is bowling with a lot of skill as well. I hope we see him in international cricket for a few years.