• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round- Group 2 - India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

James

Cricket Web Owner
General Discussion surrounding Group 2 of the Second Round involving India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Australia, Group A Winner

15 March
India v New Zealand
Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur

16 March
Pakistan v Bangladesh
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

18 March
Australia v New Zealand
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala

19 March
India v Pakistan
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala

21 March
Australia v Bangladesh
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

22 March
New Zealand v Pakistan
Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh

23 March
India v Bangladesh
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

25 March
Australia v Pakistan

26 March
New Zealand v Bangladesh
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

27 March
India v Australia

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I too, would like to share my thanks, while also recommending people visit happyfestchacha's website.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand's squad for the world T20 in India:

Kane Williamson (c), Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, Grant Elliott, Corey Anderson, Luke Ronchi, Mitch Santner, Ish Sodhi, Nathan McCullum, Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Mitch McClenaghan, Trent Boult.

Looks a good side but in Asia? Can see them going a similar way to the U19s in Bangladesh, especially when the first two matches are against India and Australia.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Best squad they could have picked.

I'm presuming our learned posters are better than the facebook masses suggesting Henry is robbed of being there.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
He has been robbed of being there, but by the conditions and necessary team balance. Can't complain that he's behind any of those bowlers, given how much of a jammy bastard MitchM has continually been in T20 cricket.

I was expecting Latham over Nicholls, mainly for the reserve glovework, but apparently Nicholls is a part-time 'keeper anyway.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He has been robbed of being there, but by the conditions and necessary team balance. Can't complain that he's behind any of those bowlers, given how much of a jammy bastard MitchM has continually been in T20 cricket.

I was expecting Latham over Nicholls, mainly for the reserve glovework, but apparently Nicholls is a part-time 'keeper anyway.
Dunno if not having a game suited to the conditions is being 'robbed' for a start. Henry is, at this stage of his career, a very one-dimensional, one conditions bowler. When it swings and he bowls up front, he's a gun. Any other time, on flat ones, on slow ones, at the death, he's not the finished product. Therefore, Mitch offers much more to the make-up of the T20 side especially in the sub-continent where he has much better changes of pace, angles etc.

Three years into Mitchell's international career and he's still jammy. At what point do we accept that just because he's not nicking blokes out through the cordon that he's still earning his wickets, as opposed to beating the odds? The guy has played 80 T20 games at all levels, including starring roles in the IPL. He knows how to bowl.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I'm expecting both India and Bangladesh to qualify. New Zealand and Australia are just poor in these conditions – neither of which have the spinners to succeed in the tournament. Pakistan are overrated in T20s now: they have simply been very poor in limited overs in the last few years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Australia will get out of the group. Not a Gambhirer by nature, but they're in a very strong pool, playing in conditions they don't generally play well in, with two inexperienced spinners and without their best quick.

Then again, T20 is a bit of a lottery. But if I was having a bet on which teams go through, I wouldn't be on us making it.