• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group E - South Africa, India, New Zealand, England

R_D

International Debutant
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO WHAT HUH WHAT TALK NOW, ANYONE WHO DOUBTED ME AND MY PREDICTIONS AND MY TEAM TALK NOW HUH I DARE YOU!!!

Man I was going insane, esp. when RP Singh clean bowled Pollock I went running around the house screaming at the top of my lungs. But seriously talk now all the critics who kept saying India would lose. And who the **** said India doesn't have good fielding with the youngsters in the team? Our fielding AND bowling AND batting was a million times better than RSA's. So talk now all you critics who doubted India!

AND BRING IT ON AUSTRALIA BRING IT ON, WE"LL WOOP YOU JUST LIKE WE WOOPED RSA TODAY! :cool:

And every NZL fan who wished India would lose, get down on your knees and thank us. We saved your asses! Our brilliance saved your asses.

CHAKKKK DEEE INDIAAAAA :cool: !
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Brilliant again.. good to see them fight like that.
What can i say.. we couldn't even go mad and run around the house... i was at friends place and his parents were sleeping so couldn't make too much noise so it was all about fist punching for us and whispering.
Sharma's run out and Karthick's catch were just out of this world.
Another team performance... RP singh you beauty.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
I feel sorry for Saf how were they expected to go through unbeaten when everyone else had their hiccups? some cruel cruel luck or is it the draw is flawed clearly It should come down to who beat who and not the run rate.

GGG

State Captain
Normally it does come down to who beat who but NZ beat India, SA beat NZ and India beat SA. And since SA lost by the biggest margin out off all those losses it's only fair enough that India and NZ go through.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea I don't see how it's unfair to SA, they had a lowered target (the lowered part was reward for winning previous games) that they had to reach to stay in the tournament and they failed to reach it. India knew they had to win, they did it. Australia knew they had to win the last game in both stages, they did it. It would have been unfair to NZ if NZ would have ended up going out because India and SA ended up just doing enough to go through.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This is choking at best. SA not only got 15 wides but a total of 25 extras and 2 more overs to bat, yet they couldn't reach 126 ?

Kemp, Morkel, Philander and Der Wath threw their wickets.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone ever considered the fact that SA might lose games of cricket simply because we aren't so good?
I am glad someone said that. I must confess I was surprised. Surprised thatSouth Africa failed to make the runs and even more surprised at how easy it finally became for India.

One player does not make a team. India did not include Sachin (for whatever reason) too but dropping Kallis shows how badly South Africa miscalculated. Kallis may have been out first ball but...and Philander was an embarassment.

I was also amazed at Smith's body language during India's innings. He was alternating between 'mad rage and screaming' and 'philosophical resignation and smiling'. Not a good sign in a crisis.

India were no that much the better side but they surely seemed to believe they were and that showed and that is what finally mattered.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
As much as I am happy,I am quite skeptical about India's chances because I just cant quite remember when last time we won 3 consecutive matches.Add to that cant remember when last time India beat Aus. But this Indian team doesn't look their usual selves so you never know.And special mention to Dhoni,he's been brilliant as captain. Also hoping the final should be either Ind-Pak or NZ-Aus.
P.S. : AA should play in place of Joginder.He's better. (Just carrying out my duties as member of the ever weak AAAS)

biased indian

International Coach
i am sure untill the 17 over of their innings smith nevet thought they where going out....

how much they needed 28 or 4 overs with 5 wickets in hand...
if that not called choking wht is it then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
i am sure untill the 17 over of their innings smith nevet thought they where going out....

how much they needed 28 or 4 overs with 5 wickets in hand...
if that not called choking wht is it then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah thats right, it was like they were playing for 126 runs and not for victory!!!:dry:

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO WHAT HUH WHAT TALK NOW, ANYONE WHO DOUBTED ME AND MY PREDICTIONS AND MY TEAM TALK NOW HUH I DARE YOU!!!

Man I was going insane, esp. when RP Singh clean bowled Pollock I went running around the house screaming at the top of my lungs. But seriously talk now all the critics who kept saying India would lose. And who the **** said India doesn't have good fielding with the youngsters in the team? Our fielding AND bowling AND batting was a million times better than RSA's. So talk now all you critics who doubted India!

AND BRING IT ON AUSTRALIA BRING IT ON, WE"LL WOOP YOU JUST LIKE WE WOOPED RSA TODAY! :cool:

And every NZL fan who wished India would lose, get down on your knees and thank us. We saved your asses! Our brilliance saved your asses.

CHAKKKK DEEE INDIAAAAA :cool: !

Give yourself a giant uppercut you muppet...its a T20 mickey mouse tournament. Its amazing how some people will use this torurnament to prove how good their team is. :laugh:

Australia will OWN india

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Give yourself a giant uppercut you muppet...its a T20 mickey mouse tournament. Its amazing how some people will use this torurnament to prove how good their team is. :laugh:

Australia will OWN india
Lol, whilst everything you said is right, just relax and don't come on CW being a wanker from the start. You generally have to turn into a wanker after a few months, that's the norm.

Anyway great victory by India. SS, your job from now on is to write off India every time at the half-way point of the match, because whenever you do it, they generally win. Yet whenever you say something like "India can't lose from here" eg. India vs. South Africa 3rd test, then India bottle it and lose.

South Africa are pathetic though. That's woeful.

LOL @ Pakistan and India, who barely play the game, and are known for poor fielding, making the semis, whilst SA and England who play the game domestically don't. Its great.

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
Lol, whilst everything you said is right, just relax and don't come on CW being a wanker from the start. You generally have to turn into a wanker after a few months, that's the norm.

Anyway great victory by India. SS, your job from now on is to write off India every time at the half-way point of the match, because whenever you do it, they generally win. Yet whenever you say something like "India can't lose from here" eg. India vs. South Africa 3rd test, then India bottle it and lose.

South Africa are pathetic though. That's woeful.

LOL @ Pakistan and India, who barely play the game, and are known for poor fielding, making the semis, whilst SA and England who play the game domestically don't. Its great.
I post in other cricket forums as well...belive me if that belter posted like that in some of the other places, he'd be ripped a new one up the backside.

Vic_89

Cricket Spectator
Btw looking forward to posting here more often...looks like a great place.

A bit of banter can be tolerated here right? :)

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain

Australia will OWN india
I initially hated the concept of twenty cup when i came to know about it, but now i find its still enjoyable. But i completely agree with you on the fact that this kind of format is not appropriate to judge the strength of the team, nor can a player's performance be taken too seriously.

Guys like Afridi can be more uselful than the likes of Yousuf and Dravid in this crazy format.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I post in other cricket forums as well...belive me if that belter posted like that in some of the other places, he'd be ripped a new one up the backside.
It is interesting that for someone who seems to have been around forums before, that you can't check out a certain poster profile before deciding to diss him...

Anyways, we have crazily optimistic guys like him around here, but he is a good poster and a great forum member and we just let him have these moments once in a while, because, as you should know with India, these are indeed RARE. ;) :p

Welcome to the forums and hope you have a great time here... :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How well did RP Singh bowl yesterday? I know it is Durban under lights and we all know how much it does but India were batting under lights too and managed to put up 153... RPS was simply outstanding... 4/13 off 4 bowling second when your team has only 150 odd on the board is simply top drawer stuff. Sreesanth came back well after one of the poorest first overs from an Indian (Zak comes close with his 2003 exploits) and Sharma, while never looked like being anything more than ordinary, managed to come off with decent figures. Irfan continues to impress in this tourney and Harbhajan came back well after a poor first over where I thought he paid the price for being one dimensional.. Putting your faster ones in at 97 ks every ball won't help you at all in Twenty20 and it is no secret than once he started mixing it up, with the odd ball in the 80 k region flighted up and the odd ball at 105 ks, then he was having more success.

And for those who are not sure why some of us here call Karthik the better keeper compared to Dhoni, just watch the stumping of Van Der Wath. Sure, Dhoni would probably have pulled it off too but just watch the way he rises with the ball and adjusts to the extra bounce that Bhajji got and collected it cleanly with his hands rising with the ball and then took off the bails in a flash. I am sure not many noted that but that was really top class keeping technique and I am happy he still had it after having not kept for so many weeks now....

India out fielding South AFrica... That's a first. :laugh:

Raghav, your sig should read "India saves NZ's rear"... ;) :p

joking, btw...

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Dhoni, the consistent

Much of the India line up has fired here - Gambhir, Sehwag, Uthappa, Rohit S, Yuvi of course.

But it's been Dhoni who takes the consistency crown. (Hope I dont jinx him). He's done
33 / 31 balls. 24/20.10/8 not out, 45/33 so far.

Anybody else been more steady in WC 20/20?