• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi final 2: Argentina vs Holland

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I know it's not really worked in the past (?) but reckon they should bring Huntelaar on and move everyone back a bit. Van Persie as the support striker, Robben as the 10 etc.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And if you're wondering why guys like Robben throw themselves to the ground theatrically, there's your answer.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, they brought Huntelaar on.

No arguments with RVP coming off though - as opposed to the Costa Rica game, he wasn't even getting a sight of goal.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really hope Argentina can get the win now. I'm not their biggest fan, but I'm so turned off by the Dutch negativity. They've been so defensive throughout.

I know I've made this point before, but a total absence of a midfield is really killing Argentina. Every time they get the ball there is just a huge gap between their back line and their forwards, and invariably means possession will be squandered.

It might be a spurious observation, as any team would be improved by a player like Xavi, but Argentina so desperately need someone like him.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah without doubt, Benega could have been this sort of player but is just never happened.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God, surely everyone has to support Germany over one of these bores?
Take Messi out of Argentina and definitely

If it is Netherlands then it will be just weird. Everything would be telling me to support them, apart from the actual sides on the pitch.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering how electrifying the Dutch were as an attacking force early in the tournament, the fact that both their quarter- and semi-final have finished 0-0 is rather disappointing.