• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi final 2: Argentina vs Holland

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, it would be a bit tragic if this **** Argentina side won over a pretty fantastic German side.
To be fair they have only been fantastic for one game. Good against France and Portugal but could easily have lost to Algeria. But yeah they are obviously a way better side but if Messi wins I will be happy enough. Don't want Argentina to win on penalties after a 0-0 though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To be fair they have only been fantastic for one game. Good against France and Portugal but could easily have lost to Algeria. But yeah they are obviously a way better side but if Messi wins I will be happy enough. Don't want Argentina to win on penalties after a 0-0 though.
I don't think there's much of a chance of it ending goalless. I doubt it'd be a particularly high-scoring affair either, but I can't see Argentina keeping Germany out for 90 mins, let alone 120. Germany just have far too many goal threats for Argentina to keep track of for mine. They were already absolutely at their limit just trying to keep Robben alone out this evening, and they only really managed that because Mascherano had one of his Superman games.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I agree, think we will get a decent final. Most of Germany's games have been good, French one was the only disappointment.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's always been like that though. Lots of running and stamina, not much quality. Have said it before, but he's just a downmarket Ray Parlour. I don't think too much blame can be laid at his feet though, Van Gaal just got the gameplan completely wrong.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Why did I sit through that? So little adventure from both teams. Hate to say it but I'll be backing Germany. Argentina never.

I really hope this isn't a premonition of what Van Gaal will bring to United. Fmd.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont get why he took RVP off and blew his last sub when it was pretty obvious that the game was going to a shootout. he's basically done the opposite of the costa rican game

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
i dont get why he took RVP off and blew his last sub when it was pretty obvious that the game was going to a shootout. he's basically done the opposite of the costa rican game
Yeah, he decided not to bring Krul on and decided instead to take his best penalty taker off for someone who didn't take in the shootout.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
MatchStory ‏@MatchStory 1h
Last night's #HOL v #ARG game broke two records for the tournament – lowest shot rate and lowest percentage of touches in the final third

Dear God. What a bringdown after the night before.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Well the sub made sense in terms of the match, but they never really made major attempts to end it before penalties.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, that's true. Still, either way, having a player who does something >>> having a player who does nothing, I guess.

That said, the only thing I can remember Huntelaar doing was fouling people.