• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Anna

International Vice-Captain
16th over: Aus 71-2
Charl back on, and he's tight enough without offering any real threat. Australia are coasting. Meanwhile, Angry's off the ground having his injured thumb looked at. Or hit repeatedly with a hammer, to keep himself pumped.
:lol:

pasag

RTDAS
Lol this is a semi final and lol this was the number one ranked side only a couple of weeks ago. Farcical really.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am starting to think that banning Australia from WC may not be a bad idea. :laugh: Give the rest of us a chance.

It's one thing to be excellent, but it's like professional players playing with schoolkids here.

PY

International Coach
Lol this is a semi final and lol this was the number one ranked side only a couple of weeks ago. Farcical really.
It would be funny if it wasn't utterly embarrassing.

The Aussies are a juggernaut.

Natman20

International Debutant
Well unexciting cricket. Lets hope the final at least will be a cracker. (I'm not predicting it to be though)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Four Finals in a Row, two won, soon to be 3 in a row. I dont think SL stand chance in the finals.

PY

International Coach
Well done Australia, that's about as emphatic as one could hope for in a WC semi-final.

Hats off to 'em, may not like them but you have to respect them.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

The way a game of cricket should be dominated and won!

Fantastic win.....and a thoroughly boring one to watch (barring the first 10 overs of the first innigns when they bowled freaking awesomely :).....this goes to show exactly how classy the Australian team is and what high level they are on :happy:!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great performance by Oz but SA did a lot to help them - didnt appear to be anything in the wicket and 5 - 27 was pretty unbelievable. Some of the shots were just atrocious

Fusion

Global Moderator
Before this game I thought the Final between SL and Aus would be exciting. Not so sure anymore...Australia look unstoppable.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Somehow doubt Mickey Arthur’s contract will be extended. Good intelligent coach but South Africa need some fall guys and at least their will be no compensation. Smith should be ok with the captaincy, although, his displeasure with Haroon Lorgat and Gerald Majola may seem him being forced to resign. Or Lorgat and Majola may fall on their swords, especially Haroon for he picked the 15.

Should be interesting nevertheless to see the aftermath, you can not expect South Africa to be as gracious as the other nations were with continuous failure and sweeping changes usually do greet South African sporting disappointments.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
I nominate this match the most boring of the tournament. Maybe just because the most was expected of it.