• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Series 2 Predictions

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Result: Australia 1-4 England
Most runs: Pietersen for the good guys, Watson for crims
Most wickets: Anderson, Harris if fit for 4 or 5
Left field selection: onions to earn a callup after a spate of injuries
Surprise dropping: Siddle after a disaster in the first two
The Ashes Infractions: England to top this.
Other miscellaneous: Shane Warne will whine about Cook's negative captaincy as he leads us to our biggest win over there in a couple of lifetimes

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Winner: England 3-0
Top runscorer: David Warner
Top wicket-taker: Broad
Poor series: Swann, Bell, Anderson, Hilfenhaus (if he plays)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Result: Australia 1-2 England
Most runs: Pietersen and Clarke
Most wickets: Broad and Siddle
Left field selection: Mathew Wade
Surprise dropping: Joe Root
The Ashes Infractions: England to come out on top because there are more Australian mods :ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Result: Australia 2-1 England
Most runs: KP and Clarke
Most wickets: Jimmeh and Harris
Left field selection: England will select a fast bowler who's under 8 foot tall, Australia will entertain the idea of selecting 2 batsmen
Surprise dropping: Shane Watson once the selectors finally realise he's hopeless
The Ashes Infractions: We've got sledger, although none of his infractions will have anything to do with the series.
Other miscellaneous: Australia will smash us at Perth. David Gower will get fired after strangling Shane Warne live on TV after he utters the phrase "have to be prepared to lose in order to win" for the 14,000th time that day. Nasser Hussein will shortly follow suit after taking exception to Warne explaining that "if it seams, it spins."

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Series - 2-1 England

Top runscorer - Clarke, Cook

Wickets - divided evenly between a few

Breakthrough - Warner

Dropped - England's 3rd seamer. 2 Australian batsmen

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Result: Australia 2-3 England
Most runs: KP/Warner
Most wickets: Anderson/Siddle
Left field selection: Coulter-Nile
Surprise dropping: Root
The Ashes Infractions: Australia, mainly due to the fact that most of the trolls tend to be Australia. Probably England out of pre-existing members though.
Other miscellaneous: Warne to become main selector for Australia, and convinces England to select Jim Allenby at Perth because "he knows the local conditions".

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Result: 2-2 OR Australia 2-1
Most runs: Warner and KP
Most wickets: Broad and Siddle
Left field selection: Tim Paine
Surprise packet: Warner has a breakthrough series
Surprise dropping: Joe Root

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Result: 2-1 England
Runs: Cook/Smith
Wickets: Broad/Harris
Left field selection: Fawad Ahmed by Boxing Day
Surprise dropping: Lyon (fairly unsurprising tbf), Carberry
Miscellaneous: Clarke to miss at least one Test from his back, Johnson to be rubbish but still play at Adelaide and Perth, Smith to take at least 5 wickets.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Result: Australia 2, England 1
Most runs: Bell, Clarke
Most wickets: Anderson (purely because he'll play the most matches among the seamers), Siddle (again, least likely to break down, which isn't saying much)
Left field selection: I actually think there will be no left field selections but put a gun to my head, Cameron Boyce. I'm guessing Ben Cutting isn't really left-field enough
Surprise dropping: Piggy Smith...not really going out on a limb here, am I? Ok, ok...Mitchell Johnson dun dun dun
Other miscellaneous: KP delivers some epic sledges.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Result: Australia 2-2 England
Most runs: Cook
Most wickets: Harris (pending fitness for all 5, otherwise Anderson)
Left field selection: Ben Stokes (for Carberry; Root opening), Marcus North (for an injured Clarke, with Bailey dropped)
Surprise dropping: Michael Carberry, George Bailey (for Forkers Faulkner), Nathan Lyon (for Fawad)
The Ashes Infractions: Australia
Other miscellaneous: Shane Warne to offer to come out of retirement, Sam Robson to be called into the England squad in event of injury, Clarke to do his back at some point,

uvelocity

International Coach
5-0 aus
runs clarkeh
wickets patto
left field selection mitchell johnsons
surprise dropping trotters
infractions benchy
other misc adelaide to be a road

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia 1-3 England
Top scorer - Cook and Rogers
Wickets - Anderson and Harris
Left field selection - Onions
Surprise dropping - Watson
Infractions - Who cares
Misc - Gary Pratt to be seen running a tour party.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Australia 1-3 England
Top scorer - Cook and Rogers
Wickets - Anderson and Harris
Left field selection - Onions
Surprise dropping - Watson
Infractions - Who cares
Misc - Gary Pratt to be seen running a tour party.
Hmmm, I was musing over Watto for a surprise dropping myself. But concluded it was just wishful thinking.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia 1-2 England (Bris - Aus, Adel - Draw, Perth - Eng, Melb - Eng, Syd - Draw)
Top scorer - KP
Wickets - Broad
Left field selection - Ahmed
Surprise dropping - Siddle (rested for Perth after bowling a million overs in Adelaide)
Misc - Umpires and DRS to have another mare.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the choice, I'd prefer to see us d!ck them in Brisbane.
So would I....definately.

But given Eng's appalling record in first tests of away series and Aus excellent record at the Fortress Im being realistic here. As for Perth, I called our win there ages ago in this thread. We'll right the wrongs there from last time.