• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Series 2 Predictions

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
So would I....definately.

But given Eng's appalling record in first tests of away series and Aus excellent record at the Fortress Im being realistic here. As for Perth, I called our win there ages ago in this thread. We'll right the wrongs there from last time.
All empires collapse eventually

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Anyway -

Brisbane - Eng shock win

Adelaide - Draw

Perth - Aus win

Melbourne and Sydney - one England win and one draw.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Usually way off on these, I remember when I predicted Harbhajan would be the top bowler in England.

Result: Australia 1-3 England
Most runs: Clarke
Most wickets: Anderson
Left field selection: Doolan (not really left field but whatever)
Surprise dropping: Root
The Ashes Infractions: England with most banned posters
Other miscellaneous: Lyon to be unimpressive but manage to take a few cheap wickets and bowl a good spell in the final match thus preserving everyone's opinion about him not being completely mediocre

wiff

First Class Debutant
Result: England (Clarke will be the best captain though)
Most runs: England: someone who bats with both hands, allrounder for Australia
Most wickets: A sulky English bowler
Left field selection: A spinner for Australia
Surprise dropping: Billy Bowden
The Ashes Infractions: More ingenious time wasting
Other miscellaneous: Someone to do well on a debut

centurymaker

International Captain
Result: Australia 2-2 England (or just maybe Aus 2-1 Eng)

Most runs:
1) Clarke
2)Bell/KP

Most wickets:
1) Harris
2) Siddle/Anderson.

Surprise dropping: One of the middle order Australian batsmen

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Result: Australia 3-1 England
Most runs: Cook, Watson
Most wickets: Siddle, Broad
Left field selection: Holland
Surprise dropping: Rogers
Other miscellaneous: Shane Warne and Michael Vaughan to be involved in drunken brawl

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Australia 375-4 after day one. Warner 155.

Australia to win 3-1

Warner top runscorer

Siddle wickets

I'll sleep through the whole series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia 375-4 after day one. Warner 155.

Australia to win 3-1

Warner top runscorer

Siddle wickets

I'll sleep through the whole series.
I reckon you must have already nodded off......for those predictions are surely the product of a nightmare??

Burgey

Warner is going to be incredibly important to this series.

That's not a thought which especially fills me with a great deal of joy, mind you.

flibbertyjibber

Warner is going to be incredibly important to this series.

That's not a thought which especially fills me with a great deal of joy, mind you.
Quite possibly your key player. He gets you off to a flyer a couple of times and you laughing but if he has a poor series you could be 30-3 too often.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Aus to win it 3-1
Most runs - Clarke and Pietersen
Most wickets - Harris and Broad
Selection (Aus) - Ashton Agar to be brought back for the crucial 4th test when it's tied at 1-1, taking back-to-back 5-fers and hit a couple of vital 50s
England - Compton to be brought into the side when Cook's back gives up the ghost

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Result: Australia 4-1 England
Most runs: warner or Haddin you'd expect
Most wickets: Mitchell Johnson
Left field selection: Ben Stokes picked to bat top six
Surprise dropping: not dropping per se but Trott and Swann will both depart before the series is out, Prior on shaky ground too
The Ashes Infractions: ajdude
Other miscellaneous: Shane Warne will whine about Cook's negative captaincy as he leads us to our joint biggest defeat over there
Not bad

Riggins

International Captain
for a second i was about to label gimh a modern day trelawny, until i actually clicked the post. well played. I think actually giving england a test win made me belirve it was legit, plus i'm gassed.