• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should wickets taken against Australia count in an analysis of a player's career?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Stick it anywhere on a good length and they queue up to nick it to the cordon.

As much as it pains me to say it I reckon Broad's Ashes exploits should be struck from the records when analysing him against his peers. It's not fair on the likes of Johnson, Tino Best, Steyn or Ishant Sharma, who don't get to bowl to Australia anywhere near as much as Broad does (or at all in Johnson's case.)

Discuss.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
beastly from you.

What batting line-ups are worse than Australia? WI would be about it. Maybe SL post Sanga.

91Jmay

International Coach
Considering they have two, possibly three legitimately world class bats it is amazing how bad their line up can do.

Spark

Global Moderator
Considering they have two, possibly three legitimately world class bats it is amazing how bad their line up can do.
This post could have been made at any time since 2008, with the exception of 2013 when all we had was Clarke.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In England? Sure.

(As in, it should have an asterisk like wickets against Bangladesh used to)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
well, I guess it depends what conditions they are world class in doesn't it?
This post could have been made at any time since 2008, with the exception of 2013 when all we had was Clarke.
mediocre? ;)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
beastly from you.

What batting line-ups are worse than Australia? WI would be about it. Maybe SL post Sanga.
I think in 2016 when Pakistan will be touring England and Australia in the space of 6 months, the conversation will change a little bit

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Genuinely think Aus would get dicked by Bangladesh if they went there now.
haha we''l find out in October but the bummer is that Aus won't be playing any ODIs in BD. I seriously believe BD on current form can beat Aus in an ODI series...Test series, not so much.

Niall

International Coach
Massive, pointless overreaction.
They will start as favourites obviously, but this is a good Bangladesh line up and Mustafizur "future of cricket" Rahman if he has some lively conditions will love bowling to these guys. Its not the formality that I or even Australia thought it would be a few months ago.

Bangla fans, Taskin any chance of him been risked for test cricket soon? Would love to see and Rahman bowl in this series.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
well, I guess it depends what conditions they are world class in doesn't it?

mediocre? ;)
Warner has a solid record in England, Smith also doubled up at Lords albeit on a road. Still quality players for me.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
All wickets caught behind the stumps should be taken out of the record books. This leaves Finn with the sole meaningful wicket from the first day.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh are actually playing well you know.
But not in tests though. The South Africa tests were not completed but I doubt they would have won either. Not even the first test where they did not press home the advantage and South Africa just have too much experience coming back from such situations.