• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So have you enjoyed the WC?

Enjoyed it?

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Anna

International Vice-Captain
From an England point of view, definately no! Although I think it'll prove to be the making of Jimmy Anderson.

As Langeveldt said, it's been really sad to see the back of so many fine players, especially the exit of Flower and Olonga. Let's just hope justice will be done for the Zimbabweans.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anna said:
From an England point of view, definately no! Although I think it'll prove to be the making of Jimmy Anderson.

As Langeveldt said, it's been really sad to see the back of so many fine players, especially the exit of Flower and Olonga. Let's just hope justice will be done for the Zimbabweans.
But not Mugabe's flavour of justice

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
:D

<quack> Umpires. They're all the same. I bet he asked you that. Everyone wants the blessing of the duck. What has he ever done for me?

I think he got out of the nest the wrong side this morning

<quack> where's my breakfast?

It's lunchtime
DD

I didn't want you to feel left out and I am quite sure Simon will love the thought!! ;)

yohanna

Banned
Not really, Pakistan made an early exit, i had expected them to make it to the super six atleast, but then Pakistan played crappy cricket and deserved it.

But the manner in which Proteas lost their way was really tragic, i wonder when will they ever learn? if you can't keep your cool, then you should really forget dreaming about winning the cup!

Then England went out early, a team that i wanted to progress in the tournament, so far they have been the only team that had given Aussies one hell of a time.I wanted to see a Aus-England semis, would have been a wonderful match.

I think its going to be an Aus-India final, i'll be rooting for the Indians, hopefully Ganguly's men will be able to do something which Kapil did for India 20 years back!

Bazza

International 12th Man
I have enjoyed watching a carnival of cricket on a global scale, with 54 games in only a few weeks, how could anyone complain? OK so England made an early exit much to my disappointment, but I'll live.

Legglancer

State Regular
Bazza said:
I have enjoyed watching a carnival of cricket on a global scale, with 54 games in only a few weeks, how could anyone complain? OK so England made an early exit much to my disappointment, but I'll live.

Thats the spirit Bazza !!! Eventhough I knew Canada will not have much success in this World Cup.. I am really proud of the way they played against the more illustrius opponents. Apart from that It has really been a treat to watch the best cricketers show-off their wizzadry regardless of what country they came from. :duh:

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
It hasn't been great for me because I've seen about 30 second's coverage on average per week, if that.

Lloyd

Caistor Town Cricket Club Moderator
Hi everyone. :)

Yeah, well hopefully Channel Four will bother to try and get some coverage for 2007. A two-hour highlights show every Friday for example would've been alright..

Though I do have Sky, so mustn't grumble... :P

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Lloyd said:

Yeah, well hopefully Channel Four will bother to try and get some coverage for 2007. A two-hour highlights show every Friday for example would've been alright..

I doubt it, the only high ranking person in Ch4 who wanted the cricket has left, I think we will see an end to coverage on Ch4 soon.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lloyd said:

Welcome abourd, Lloyd.

I thought the only things Lincolnshire had a lot of were
a) Flat areas of land
b) Potatoes

It now seems as though we have to add to that list
c) Cricket Web members.

Tell your friends.

PS Good post

Kimbo

International Debutant
Well there has been some very good cricket but I am very ****ed off at the ICC because of
- the zimbabwe thing... there never should have been any games played there
-the kenya game. nz shouldnt have been scheduled there, if theres one team that shouldnt be scheduled in a country with terrorist threats its nz considering that this team has had a huge scare in pakistan very recently and are shellshocked.

It's also sad about Henry Olonga. I can't believe Mugabe is on the Zim cricket board or whatever its called.

The day night games were also a bit of a let down. I didnt see it in Group B but obviously was bad in group A.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunil Havascar said:
I can't believe Mugabe is on the Zim cricket board or whatever its called.
He very powerful. He can be on practically whatever Zimbabwean Board he wants to be on. It's a really sad situation.

PY

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
I thought the only things Lincolnshire had a lot of were
a) Flat areas of land
b) Potatoes
c) Cricket Web members.
Potatoes? Why have I never heard of Lincolnshire Potatoes? :O If you had put Lincolnshire Sausages then I would have been in full agreement :lol:. Also you can add to that very very average football teams. Hull City (not strictly Lincolnshire but close enough), S****horpe United (I apologise for my appalling language:lol: ), Lincoln City, Boston United. I leave out Grimsby Town as I am purely biased :D

Last edited:

Lloyd

Caistor Town Cricket Club Moderator
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
. I leave out Grimsby Town as I am purely biased :D

Thanks for your kind words LuckyEddie. You can add a d) to that list - you now have two Grimsby Town supporters. Thats a fair percentage of our support.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, i think its been a pretty good World Cup. Just a shame that Australia are gonna win it again, and England failed again. Would've liked to have seen South Africa get a bit further too. They were a massive disappointment.

krkode

State Captain
Lloyd said:
Anyway, i think its been a pretty good World Cup. Just a shame that Australia are gonna win it again, and England failed again. Would've liked to have seen South Africa get a bit further too. They were a massive disappointment.
NEVER!!!:wow:

:saint: Don't be so sure yet :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PROUD+ENGLISH said:
Potatoes? Why have I never heard of Lincolnshire Potatoes? :O If you had put Lincolnshire Sausages then I would have been in full agreement :lol:.
You've got to have mash with your bangers!