• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa v West Indies

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And are getting close to the summit!

I did tip them to be a good each way bet - 43 from 38 with 7 in hand makes them favourites from here IMO.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm impressed. Pollock's still got a couple of overs though...but what on earth is Ntini doing at the death? He should have bowled in the middle overs when they needed wickets...now it's just smack him about :(

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
I'm impressed. Pollock's still got a couple of overs though...but what on earth is Ntini doing at the death? He should have bowled in the middle overs when they needed wickets...now it's just smack him about :(
Pollock smacked for 19 in his last over, SA lost fairly comfortably in the end in my opinion. Ntini only bowling 5 overs in the game is an utter waste, he's at least their second best bowler by miles.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
:-O Oh my God!! Windies win comfortably in the end!!

Wonder how many heads are going to roll in SA after this, and when this is going to start. :D

I just hope it doesn't start bitter infighting . :starwars:

Don

State Vice-Captain
we win.51 51 51 51 51 51 51 the almighty chanders made 51 51 51.great win in the end.slept through the first 3 wickets got up to see the tiger bat and its was lovely.west indies all the way to the final and kill aus

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Ntini only bowling 5 overs in the game is an utter waste, he's at least their second best bowler by miles.
Oh, agreed. Smith thought only of economy rates and forgot that wickets are useful, too :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
And now we lose comfortably against the West Indies????

Oh well, at least the only way is up now (unless Bangladesh and Zimbabwe start smelling easy meat lol)..

TBH I wonder what the guys were thinking sending Klusener in with three overs left? You telling me Van Jaarsveld is a better striker of the ball at the death? What waste..

Dont know what to think, whether to blame everyone, blame nobody, who knows?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
And now we lose comfortably against the West Indies????

Oh well, at least the only way is up now (unless Bangladesh and Zimbabwe start smelling easy meat lol)..

TBH I wonder what the guys were thinking sending Klusener in with three overs left? You telling me Van Jaarsveld is a better striker of the ball at the death? What waste..

Dont know what to think, whether to blame everyone, blame nobody, who knows?
There goes any chance of England getting any credit if they win in SA :D

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Don't worry, there wasn't any chance of that anyway.....

err, The England winning bit, not the credit bit.

The SA bigging up begins now. Humble pie tastes vile, but I'm a masochist when it comes to supporting teams.

Their woeful use of Klusener is appalling, unless they know something we don't. It's no secret he needs an over or 2 to 'warm up' At least Gibbs came good, finally. While I'm not calling for Simons to go, something needs to happen. It's no good saying they don't deserve to be club cricketers, the spirit is high, "The boys are up for it," etc. and then losing 11 in 12.

I think SA just didn't have enough runs on the board in the end. The West Indies coasted it, with wickets in hand 6 or 7 an over from the 30th isn't too tough an ask. If we were playing an explosive side like Pak, Ind, Aus or SL it would've been over by the 40th.

Excuse me while I drown myself in this inviting glass of Orange Juice, SA & Sharks lost so I'm ****ed, Ind lost, so my wife is ****ed. The Lions & Province won, ugh. All Liverpool need to do is get royally stuffed tomorrow and these last few days shall be made perfect. (In a bad way, obviously.)

Langeveldt

Soutie
DocHead, you reckon the boys are ever too pumped up? It sometimes seems that way under Smith, and thats a bad thing when they are too tense...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Indeed, that one ball that he took up could have gone for 6. Then the West Indies would have needed 6 off the last 7 balls.

Mr Mxyzptlk

JASON said:
:-O Oh my God!! Windies win comfortably in the end!!

Wonder how many heads are going to roll in SA after this, and when this is going to start. :D

I just hope it doesn't start bitter infighting . :starwars:
Why is losing a ODI to the West Indies such a horrible thing? The West Indies is a far better ODI team than Test team and has beaten the best teams on its day.

Mr Mxyzptlk

honestbharani said:
did you guys notice the discipline of the windies bowling? Juz two wides, that is an awesome improvement from their general ways.
0 noballs in the last 2 games I believe. Fantastic. Only 6 extras yesterday. 4 of them were legbyes.