• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thirdman, there's no need to be so defensive just because someone said something slightly negative about India. No one brought up their form in Test matches, where they're currently ranked number one. A slightly criticism of their T20 form doesn't mean they're suddenly the worst team in the world. And tbf, if India's fortunes rely solely on Sehwag going well, that's hardly the signs of a good team.

Thirdman1

Banned
Hmm, I suppose we have to wait and see. Hell of a lot to put on one player though. What if he goes out early?
We will lose that game. But he will fire atleast 1 out of 3 games. So we have a chance in atleast 1 of the 3 games. This is looking pretty pathetic opening partnership. It is like 2 Miachel Clarke opening in first 6 overs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha so harsh

They're no Watson and Warner, but they've just been outdone by good bowling. Clear issues with their technique, rather than actually having no intent to score.

Thirdman1

Banned
Thirdman, there's no need to be so defensive just because someone said something slightly negative about India. No one brought up their form in Test matches, where they're currently ranked number one. A slightly criticism of their T20 form doesn't mean they're suddenly the worst team in the world. And tbf, if India's fortunes rely solely on Sehwag going well, that's hardly the signs of a good team.
Oh really your countryman speaks India didn't deserve to be win the first T20 WC. Did you deserve to win the Sydney test ? 8-)

Did you deserve to win the 1999 WC ?8-)

And please if India is not a good side because of reliance on Sehwag, then what happened to your side against India without Mcgrath. I remember plenty of Aussie writing rubbish execuse that Australia side of 2003/04 that played against India in OZ was not test class because of absence of Mcgrath . :laugh::laugh:

And you are telling me not to be defensive.8-)

Thirdman1

Banned
Haha so harsh

They're no Watson and Warner, but they've just been outdone by good bowling. Clear issues with their technique, rather than actually having no intent to score.
Gambhir is never the same player without Sehwag. And please short ball at 150 kmph can trouble 95% of the batsman..
We should not be chasing any target. We should be defending it. Our batsman are trying to go after every ball because RRR gets to 10 runs per over in no time.

If we bat first then we can score atleast 170 withno pressure of RRR.(Required run rate)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh really your countryman speaks India didn't deserve to be win the first T20 WC. Did you deserve to win the Sydney test ? 8-)

And please if India is not a good side because of reliance on Sehwag, then what happened to your side against India without Mcgrath. I remember plenty of Aussie writing rubbish execuse that Australia side of 2003/04 that played against India in OZ was not test class because of absence of Mcgrath . :laugh::laugh:

Stop saying "your" side to Andy. This isn't a me vs. you, or you vs. Andy forum. If you want it to be, then **** off to another message board.

Stop being so damn defensive and bringing nationality into this.

If you think Social,'s post was ****ing stupid (which it was), then don't bring Australia into the argument. Just tell him it was stupid and why.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, but knowing SA they'll have Aus needing 20 off the last over with Clarke on strike and him finishing it with 4 sixes.

Briony

International Debutant
There's no guarantee they'll make the semis given their form against England with bat, ball and in the field. And their opening combination is diabolical. Smith and Kallis shouldn't be playing T20.

andyc

Thirdman, see GingerFurball's post here. Posts like these which are completely unrelated to the topic, and only an attempt to rile up other members are not acceptable.

social

And posts like India did not deserve to win the T20 WC 2007 are acceptable. 8-) :laugh:
I never said that "India did not deserve to win"

What I said, in very abbreviated terms, was that if it was as simple as the favourites winning every match, then neither India or Pakistan would've won the first 2 WCs as neither side was the first choice

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Social if that's what you meant, I apologise for my earlier comments :)

Incredibly vague statement though. Its dangerous to try and steal one of our rare World Cup victories away from us Indians :ph34r:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We clearly shouldn't have won 1983 WC, but that's what made it so awesome to so many people to actually win it. If you're the overwhelming favorites and you win, it's a lot less memorable and fun than if you're the underdog.

social

We clearly shouldn't have won 1983 WC, but that's what made it so awesome to so many people to actually win it. If you're the overwhelming favorites and you win, it's a lot less memorable and fun than if you're the underdog.
True

I'm sort of enjoying this tourney because I still dont regard Oz as the favourites, still dont expect them to win and, let's face it, we've been pretty gash in this format despite having some reasonable players so any win is a bonus