• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spark Sport

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a great start for the "new way to watch sport". Did they bite off more than they could chew?

I had my doubts about its stability, so decided to steer clear and just watch what they put on free-to-air TV. So the extra games being moved to Duke has been a nice little bonus for me.

But my in-laws bought the tournament pass, and they even forked out for a new TV so they could use the Spark Sport app. Fair to say they're not thrilled.

It's quite a coincidence that the issues have affected only "a small minority of customers", but that seems to include everyone I know that signed up.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I can't help but think it's a bit weak for Spark to say "we'll have it fixed by next weekend". The problem is that about 50% of the actually-interesting group games were on in the first weekend.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have been looking forward to this disaster for months now and it has absolutely delivered.Absolutely loving it

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
From what I have read, part of it seems to be due to problems with Akamai's content distribution nodes (unexpected), and with end user hardware (expected)

Flem274*

123/5
i think they'll be fine if they fix it now.

we had to stream it via a useful river because my flatmates laptop was getting stuttering but we've found moving my pc into the lounge and using that works perfectly.

they'll never have this much stress on their tech again so i think they're still well placed to bid for super rugby, cricket rights and whatever else they fancy.

my parents seemed to have no dramas in rural taranaki on aerial broadband of all tech which is weird.