• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sporcle Cricket Quiz

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
23/25, but should've been 24 because I couldn't spell Jayawardene successfully enough for the site to accept it.

Missed out on Mark Waugh. Afghanistan, indeed.

EDIT: 22/23 on the triples; missed Cowper
I'm not sure how- if you just type Waugh into the box you get both players.

Burgey

Could well be. He was a great player, no doubt about it. Just not perhaps the most exciting to watch.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't remember seeing him play so I find it hard to form any unbiased view of him. He sounds the most negative and selfish player imaginable, he looks crouched and inelegant in the footage I've seen of him, and as a commentator he comes across as a pathologically self centred individual. Not a big fan tbh. I suspect that if I'd been watching cricket in his day I might be one of those who regards him as a hero, in the Mike Atherton boy-on-the-burning-deck mould. However you can't help thinking that he'd be the one standing alone on the burning deck largely because he elbowed everyone else overboard.

Burgey

I don't remember seeing him play so I find it hard to form any unbiased view of him. He sounds the most negative and selfish player imaginable, he looks crouched and inelegant in the footage I've seen of him, and as a commentator he comes across as a pathologically self centred individual. Not a big fan tbh. I suspect that if I'd been watching cricket in his day I might be one of those who regards him as a hero, in the Mike Atherton boy-on-the-burning-deck mould. However you can't help thinking that he'd be the one standing alone on the burning deck largely because he elbowed everyone else overboard.
He played the back foot drive very well from my limited recollection of him. I think typically of the players from that era, he was strong off the back foot, but there would be others who can better recall.

I saw a bit of him in 78-79 then 79-80 but I was only a kid, he didn't set the world on fire in either series tbh. He made a ton in an ODI v Australia which I went to with my grandfather in that latter series as well. Looking at the stats, he actually had a pretty decent ODI series, lowest score was over 30, and had a strike rate just under 70. Decent for the era.

That last stat surprised me a little tbh.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This site is really addictive. Wasted a few hours on it the other day. The only list I have got all the answers correct on is the one where you have to name all the English/British monarchs in date order. They gave 10 mins for that and I did it in 2 min flat. :)

Burgey

This site is really addictive. Wasted a few hours on it the other day. The only list I have got all the answers correct on is the one where you have to name all the English/British monarchs in date order. They gave 10 mins for that and I did it in 2 min flat. :)
Well, if you go "George" "Henry" "Elizabeth" "Richard" "Charles" you have a goodly number of them :)

Agreed, it's an addictive site.