• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

krkode

State Captain
What think you of this game! Atapatu is da man! :wow: Just like him to carry his bat...quite a knock indeed. :P

SL play the Aussies in the semis now :wow:

Well, I guess that's the last we'll ever see of the Great Andy Flower :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
The last of Andy Flower in International cricket at least. He's playing for Essex this summer and he and his family are moving to England. His last dismissal neatly sums the end of his career, sawn off when going along nicely.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
krkode said:
What think you of this game! Atapatu is da man! :wow: Just like him to carry his bat...quite a knock indeed. :P

SL play the Aussies in the semis now :wow:

Well, I guess that's the last we'll ever see of the Great Andy Flower :(
Superbly paced innings.

I wish Andy Flower all the best for the future. He has been an absolute star.

I should also like to wish Henry Olonga all the best for the future. He hasn't been a star, but he is a man of great courage.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
perhaps I should have said that "his star hasn't shone quite as brilliantly as Andy Flower's", but point taken, guys. He has had his moments.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh both fine players though it has to be said..

A sad moment this for cricket in general, I think they know full well they had a couple more years in the tank, but it was not to be...But i applaud them for standing up for their beliefs.

I wish them well for the future, but hopefully they are not lost to Zim cricket forever.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not in its current state. It's harsh to say that the ordinary cricketers of Zimbabwe do not deserve two of their finest exponents representing them, but for the ZCU it's dead right.

In fact I'll go as far as the ZCU not being deserving of any International Cricket at all.