• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions and feedback

Howe_zat

Audio File
Post in here for anything you think the show could be doing or could be doing better. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Remember that forum rules apply and so a lack of respect for other members who volunteer for commentary is not on.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure who it's coming from (I think it's Dan & Shady Slim who i'm currently listening to), but it makes it a little to difficult listen to when the mic of one of those commentating picks up a heap of background noise. Not sure if it's something that can be fixed in a mic setting, or if it just the type of mic, but all the keyboard taps/mouse clicks, desk clunks etc. are a little distracting :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Love it. Can follow the cricket and not be distracted by the commentary. Great to listen to.

My suggestion would be to promote it on twitter/fb and add the hashtag #cwcom and hope it catches on like test match sofa.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure who it's coming from (I think it's Dan & Shady Slim who i'm currently listening to), but it makes it a little to difficult listen to when the mic of one of those commentating picks up a heap of background noise. Not sure if it's something that can be fixed in a mic setting, or if it just the type of mic, but all the keyboard taps/mouse clicks, desk clunks etc. are a little distracting :)
Yeah, it's difficult to minimise when I'm using the default mic. Given we're still in Week One, we haven't exactly sorted out proper equipment yet :p

I might have to see if I can borrow one of Ms. Dan's various good computer mics (perks of dating someone who sings) to repurpose for this.

Jarquis

I'm gonna pick one up after work tomorrow as I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that Heef described as 'sounding underwater'

HeathDavisSpeed

One small comment. I noticed that Cribb was able to make regular comments to Spark - presumably by Facebook or other similar messaging service.

I think there needs to be more use/observation of the mixlr page where people comment or on the match thread, as it would be good to have a more broad range of comments from listeners alongside Cribb's. Might have just been the timing, but I noticed this both yesterday and today - though good to mention comments from sledger and Cabinet as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah people just need to post in the match thread, or the mixlr comments section. I was constantly browsing both while on but there weren't really many comments other than Cribb directly to Spark, which seemed a bit pointless.

Pothas

Because I am watching on SkyGo the timing is always going to be nightmare for me, sometimes it is behind, at others it is a fair bit ahead. It is the same on TMS or anything else though. Enjoyed what I have heard, an end of day podcast type thing would be well worth it for those of us who can't really listen live.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah people just need to post in the match thread, or the mixlr comments section. I was constantly browsing both while on but there weren't really many comments other than Cribb directly to Spark, which seemed a bit pointless.
I think people should stick to the match thread, which we do make use of. If someone has a video feed, skype and the mixlr page running on mute all at the same time they will probably have bandwidth problems. Also I don't want to redirect traffic away from the CW thread.

~

Pratters - what kind of mic set up do you have? You were quite hard to hear a lot of the time.

Johnners

Yeah, it's difficult to minimise when I'm using the default mic. Given we're still in Week One, we haven't exactly sorted out proper equipment yet :p

I might have to see if I can borrow one of Ms. Dan's various good computer mics (perks of dating someone who sings) to repurpose for this.
Haha yeah I realise this, was mentioning it though as it's not always something the person behind the mic notices . Once I pegged out who was who, I actually thought it was more Shady Slim than yourself though? Or did I get the 2 of you mixed up? :p

HeathDavisSpeed

Had a Seinheisser headphone with a mic. Probably the mic or skype volume was lower.
Interesting. You seemed to be a lot quieter in the mix than Marcuss or Spark and there must have been a bit more background noise on your line as when you left the conversation, the background noise reduced so much I assumed the call had dropped out completely! But it sounds like your set up should have been better than mine.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The air condition in my room is making a lot of noise the last week or so. It must be that. Didn't realise it. Will switch on the fan next time whenever. What were the train like and watery sounds from your end btw?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The air condition in my room is making a lot of noise the last week or so. It must be that. Didn't realise it. Will switch on the fan next time whenever. What were the train like and watery sounds from your end btw?
A fan will hardly help things when it comes to mics though :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Doing a few 'skype call testing service calls' helps a fair bit. Would suggest others to try it to see how your voice is going across etc. My mic was apparently too far away from my mouth which made the volume lower.

HeathDavisSpeed

From my end? No idea what the train noise was. My place was completely silent this morning, so possibly due to using the in-built microphone. I have a broadcast quality microphone somewhere, but cbf to find it this morning for only an hour. The water noise. Not sure, but at one point I poured myself a glass of water to prevent a coughing fit - may have been then. Again solved by the better microphone as it has a handy off-air/on-air switch in it.