• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions for improving Cricket Web

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just noticed that there's now an anti-Ad Blocker function in place where if you nuke all the horrendous banner ads, all the post contents also disappear. Well done, guys.

Oh, wait - this is a thread about improving the site, not making it worse. As you were... :(
This seems to be a glitch with your ad blocker. We haven't made any changes on that front as far as I know (although perhaps Google has in some way?) and if I turn my ad blocker on and block the betway ad I can still see the post content.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
This seems to be a glitch with your ad blocker. We haven't made any changes on that front as far as I know (although perhaps Google has in some way?) and if I turn my ad blocker on and block the betway ad I can still see the post content.
My apologies, you're quite right. I reinstalled AdBlock Plus and normal service has now resumed. :oops:

Keep up the great work, Guys!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the fallout over the Shri ban and it's effect on "forum atmosphere" any one want to have a serious discussion in here?

If we did A) would the mods and James consider and discuss any suggestions tabled and B) would the members use this opportunity to reasonably discuss any issues and table ideas without using it as a platform to just ****can the moderators.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A) Probably not, PEWS should ban us all before considering that.

B) I think we can be civil, but it'll be like watching snails trying to escape a crushing boot.

cnerd123

likes this
C) Can any post in here by gnske be prefixed with either; serious or joking.
But sometimes his posts are both, sometimes they're neither

I'm sure whatever it is we have to say to the mod team would could just say it, and they'll consider it. Especially if it's coming from multiple people

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just remember lads, if we don't study the mistakes of the future, we're doomed to repeat them for the first time :unsure:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I really think this is a good idea. It would help me for sure.
You know it took me a long time to warm to you mate, but have no doubt that the love is now very real. But I gotta say......most times I have NFI what you are on about.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I am afraid CW is beyond redemption.

It had a resurgence last summer due to England winning the World Cup and a great Ashes series. But otherwise the turning point, in hindsight, was the Chris Gayle thread. Society is doomed and it has taken CW with it.

It is for this reason that I have with effect immediately resigned as Lord Protector.

cnerd123

likes this

It had a resurgence last summer due to England winning the World Cup and a great Ashes series. But otherwise the turning point, in hindsight, was the Chris Gayle thread. Society is doomed and it has taken CW with it.

It is for this reason that I have with effect immediately resigned as Lord Protector.
ok

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Agreed. The amount of people saying he did anything wrong was disgustingly abhorrent.

Flem274*

123/5

i mean none of the bolded happened, but at least it prompted you to resign