• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swimming Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Impressive stuff from the Tunisian swimmer so far. Wonder if he can keep it up.

Simon

You'd reckon Hackett will retire now, fair play to the bloke, has never been as popular as the likes of Thorpe, Klim, Perkins etc... but still a great champion.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Apparently that was his fastest finals swim as well. Proves how much better everyone has gotten at 1500m considering when he won in Sydney he was 50m ahead of everyone else.

Still Silver is still good.

pasag

RTDAS
What's the count of Australian WR holders and favourite swimmers who have failed to get gold in the final? A bit of a choke from us in the pool, it must be said.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
WR Holder doesn't mean you're the best in your event though, Crocker holds the 100m 'fly world record, for one...

But yeah, a touch below standard but medals are medals for mine and we should be proud of them AFAIC. Most other countries would give everything for the medals we've won.

Simon

We deadset have to win the 4x100 here, if not it's officially a choke for mine.

pasag

RTDAS
WR Holder doesn't mean you're the best in your event though, Crocker holds the 100m 'fly world record, for one...

But yeah, a touch below standard but medals are medals for mine and we should be proud of them AFAIC. Most other countries would give everything for the medals we've won.
The thing that makes it look like a choke more than anything is we've done so well in the heats and semis in so many events yet failed to reproduce the form on the big stage. Still on the other hand we have things like the women's relay where the exact opposite happens.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The thing that makes it look like a choke more than anything is we've done so well in the heats and semis in so many events yet failed to reproduce the form on the big stage.
Yeah I think Sullivan pushed himself too hard in the 100m semi. He seemed like he wanted to prove he was the best over the Frenchy and smashed his own WR and then looked a bit lethargic in the final.

I don't pretend to be an expert though and I've enjoyed every moment of the swimming here so I'm not complaining.

Simon

Forgot about the womens race, was thinking of the Men's.

Nice win.
Yeh fair enough, America are starting $1.10 favourites for the Men's race. Doesnt mean a lot though considering Leisel Jones started $1.02 favourite for the 200m?? breatstroke the other day and lost.