• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Terrace twaddle

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is this where I post about my sudden new found love for all things Costa Rica, having finally forgiven them for 1990?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scotland's perpetual failure to qualify means I have rather missed out on enjoying them at the actual tournament. My only memory of them at the World Cup is losing to Morocco in 98.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scotland's perpetual failure to qualify means I have rather missed out on enjoying them at the actual tournament. My only memory of them at the World Cup is losing to Morocco in 98.
You've missed some treats. 1978 the stand-out, but the Hansen + ANOther ****up against Russia in 1982 that saw them leave that WC was fun too. As was the look on my Scottish mate's face when they drew West Germany, Uruguay, and the briefly brilliant Danes in 1986.

grecian

You've missed some treats. 1978 the stand-out, but the Hansen + ANOther ****up against Russia in 1982 that saw them leave that WC was fun too. As was the look on my Scottish mate's face when they drew West Germany, Uruguay, and the briefly brilliant Danes in 1986.
Uruguay was particularly funny, as the lovable Uruguayans were typically down to 10 men for most of the match. Hard to pick a highlight in their craptitude though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I didn't intend for this thread to be a place to laugh at the jocks but I'm glad that's what is

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They did used to be a proper team tbf, back in the day. Since heroin and deep fried lard has replaced a pint of heavy and a bottle of buckfast as the staple Scots repast it's all gone to shyte tho.

grecian

They did used to be a proper team tbf, back in the day. Since heroin and deep fried lard has replaced a pint of heavy and a bottle of buckfast as the staple Scots repast it's all gone to shyte tho.
That was the fun of it though seeing their World-class stars turned to **** as soon as they put on a Jocko shirt. Now they're just rubbish, there's little fun in that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Roy Hodgson has said Wayne Rooney's performance in training was just like Luis Suarez.

He called Glen Johnson a negro and bit Gary Cahill.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Willie Miller if I'm not mistaken