• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

Niall

International Captain
:ph34r:Ivanka or Hope Hicks as the Republican VP for ultimate banter and to nail down the crucial Chad demo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He seems to be doubling down on some of his worst policies and pandering to basically every conservative in town. I guess he is hoping the elderly will react to that and not to his mismanagement of the pandemic. Might actually well be his best shot, tbh.

Spark

Global Moderator
All this chatter about which economic policy wrt Trump forgets that he doesn't care about that all relative to complaining about how unfairly he's been treated, and how obviously he's decided to go all in on culture war stuff to the extent he does care about policy.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
All this chatter about which economic policy wrt Trump forgets that he doesn't care about that all relative to complaining about how unfairly he's been treated, and how obviously he's decided to go all in on culture war stuff to the extent he does care about policy.

Which is what I meant in my post. He is hoping he can scare all the old white guys to vote for him, basically.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean even then, I don't understand whose votes he's hoping to win by complaining about how unfairly he's been treated all the time, but I do understand that that's what he genuinely really cares about so in that's way it's at least strangely transparent and uncynical.

Niall

International Captain
Ah, the pivot left. Any day now...

Going to be lit when he announces his pronouns at the debate.

I mean even then, I don't understand whose votes he's hoping to win by complaining about how unfairly he's been treated all the time, but I do understand that that's what he genuinely really cares about so in that's way it's at least strangely transparent and uncynical.

Its very repetitive and have seen people in maga land say " You are a president do something about it or shut the **** up",,,,,you get plenty of Republican senators chasing retweets and I recall some MAGA person maybe Cernovich ?! pretty much saying "you control the senate, got a problem do something rather than bitch all day online",,,,,was aimed at the likes of Hawley, Cruz etc.

Also interesting.

Spark

Global Moderator
Exactly the same phenomenon happens with regards to Congress in polling, and yet no sensible person would go "well, that's just because Congress being **** is a media creation" so it's a pretty stupid point IMO. Jilani has a bit and he's going to stick to it though.

Notwithstanding the fact that "just over half of a large segment of the population thought the police were treating them properly!" is grading on a hell of a curve...

Niall

International Captain
Zaid does reach but contrarians give me the horn so I am partial.

Which reminds me he, Matt Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald have a podcart together.

Into. My. Veins.

Shady Slim

International Regular
they just had fmr democratic senator from kansas donald betts on the abc and he's bigging up condi rice's chances at being biden's vp

it is now my belief barack obama is the second funniest choice for his vp. the third is mayor pete.