• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't dispute this, my argument is who did Hobbs or Sutcliffe face that was even comparable to that Australian unit, and did they ever see pitches like the ones he played on at home. Even Gavaskar didn't perform that well in those types of pitches, and for the vast majority of his career Hutton batted on pancakes, with limited pace opposition.

Yes they are better, also saying that what they faced were worlds apart.
No, they played on wet uncovered pitches and matting pitches.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
No, they played on wet uncovered pitches and matting pitches.
I am aware, and that helped to form his legacy, but it's also not relatable to what we face today and I personally don't know how many how had to face.

I'm not trying to say they didn't have their own challenges, but I'm saying they all had their own challenges. I've also acknowledged the others to be better, but for what I want, Smith is the best option, at least for now.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
I am aware, and that helped to form his legacy, but it's also not relatable to what we face today and I personally don't know how many how had to face.

I'm not trying to say they didn't have their own challenges, but I'm saying they all had their own challenges. I've also acknowledged the others to be better, but for what I want, Smith is the best option, at least for now.
You're really betting on Jaiswal.....